BigGuyNC1
Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:04:16 AM
OK, we've seen where you worked.Now let's see where you have been asked not to work, whether it be with a handshake or not..BE HONEST,LOL.........[bittkick] [stick]
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality-Ayn Rand
indianacarnie
Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:49:21 AM
Have been asked to leave by an English guy I worked for, (Dart game with a regulation dart board all the way to the back of the joint. Couldnt win a nickel in it but nobody else could either).No handshake btw.🤣

Only show I was ever "asked" to leave was Luehrs's show back in the mid-80's. Didnt even work for them! Was hopscotching from Austin,Tx. to wherever it was in Detroit (first time ever on Wades)(springtime), when we saw Luehrs set up in a St.Louis parking lot. As I asked a couple of clerks who had a A.B. (whats that?) Spider and Tina went to the office to see if they could buy one............. Next thing I know, here comes Spider walking fast with a smile on his face and someone (an angry someone) following him screaming "we dont want YOUR kind on our show!" Discretion being the better part of valor, we figured it was best to head on down the road. We did and I ended up working with Bobby Fuller and getting a pretty good education in the Bushels. Thanks Bobby and whoever it was that didnt want Carnies on their show.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Bowler Roller
Sunday, January 16, 2011 2:50:09 PM
Nobody asked anything, but I was DQed from Blue Grass.

I was looking for someone else when I found Luehrs in Terra Haute. I was recognized by Andy(?) from my time on CVS. He was nice to me, we jackpotted for a few, he offered me a hole he knew I wouldn't take, then told me where I wanted to go (a parking lot in St Louis).

Until reading IC's reply, I never realized that he probably hustled me out for the same reason.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
ringmaster
Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:04:42 PM
Gooding's Two Bit Midway. We had a new ticket seller come up was short, we didn't fire him but docked his pay. Turns out he's a cousin a Savanna uniformed detective called Sarge Orr, who is also the patch. During tear down this jerk showed up with two more Savanna town clowns AND Gooding's wrecking crew in tow. After I got out of jail, I limited myself to independent midways.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:41:47 PM
I've been asked to leave about six times in the last fourteen years............
and I'm still here.[dunno2]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!