Fabbri_Guy
  •  Fabbri_Guy
  • 64.96% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:50:31 PM
I layed a coat on my twister gondola and it came out ok. Doesnt come out too glossy or too flat. but it does require more coats probably three. i might use it more, Since there is a more varity of color to choose from. Anyone have experience with this stuff?
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:37:25 PM
I have used it before. It works okay, I saw it recommended in an article years ago, one of the main reasons was the wide variety of colors available, especially in 'metallic' shades. I have also used auto touch up paint, and that works real well actually, very durable and goes on smooth, usually in one coat.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Fabbri_Guy
  •  Fabbri_Guy
  • 64.96% (Friendly)
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:20:19 PM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

I have used it before. It works okay, I saw it recommended in an article years ago, one of the main reasons was the wide variety of colors available, especially in 'metallic' shades. I have also used auto touch up paint, and that works real well actually, very durable and goes on smooth, usually in one coat.

did you spray or brush? i dont have a sprayer. i think it would of come out better to spray. but a brush finish makes me happy!
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:48:40 PM
Brush. I am not into air brushing. I use spray paint if I have a lot of area to cover or want a smoother finish than a brush gives.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
BSA Mike
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 3:57:57 PM
lol i can imagine Hurley in line @ wal-mart buying 6 bottles of pink nail polish
LB Shows Mini Midway
Thursday, January 13, 2011 12:40:03 PM
Originally Posted by: BSA Mike 

lol i can imagine Hurley in line @ wal-mart buying 6 bottles of pink nail polish

Is it like the Walmarts where I live? Do you get carded to buy stuff like that.

I swear to every one of you, last year I went to our local Walmart to get several cans of spray paint, a tube of Craft Krazy Glue, and I also happened to get a case of beer. I get to the check out, the girl scans the beer, look at me I guess to viually ID (I should mention I'm in my mid-30s and had my THREE kids with me), then she goes back to scanning.

She gets to the Krazy Glue and ASKS ME FOR ID?

Why? I ask.

To verify that I'm 18 so I can buy the stuff!!!

What has this world come to? They don't care if I decide to get drunk with the case of beer (which was not my intention, but I digress), but God forbid I want to work on models.

There's my second rant for the day. STOP PLAYING BIG BROTHER, BOX STORES!!!![angry0]

WestCoastPat
Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:26:47 PM
I agree with the comment about playing big brother. Up here in WA when I sell a pack of cigs or a cigar to anyone that does not look 30 years old I can be fined $100.00 personally. Of course the fines for the store are much more. But even if I saw your ID yesterday when you bought that pack of Marlboro Lites I have to ask. What a bunch of $%%#@.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Fabbri_Guy
  •  Fabbri_Guy
  • 64.96% (Friendly)
Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:53:06 PM
Originally Posted by: LB Shows Mini Midway 

Is it like the Walmarts where I live? Do you get carded to buy stuff like that.

I swear to every one of you, last year I went to our local Walmart to get several cans of spray paint, a tube of Craft Krazy Glue, and I also happened to get a case of beer. I get to the check out, the girl scans the beer, look at me I guess to viually ID (I should mention I'm in my mid-30s and had my THREE kids with me), then she goes back to scanning.

She gets to the Krazy Glue and ASKS ME FOR ID?

Why? I ask.

To verify that I'm 18 so I can buy the stuff!!!

What has this world come to? They don't care if I decide to get drunk with the case of beer (which was not my intention, but I digress), but God forbid I want to work on models.

There's my second rant for the day. STOP PLAYING BIG BROTHER, BOX STORES!!!![angry0]

Hey, ok im glad it wasnt me getting picked on. That happened to me when i bought two cans of spray. But it does keep the bad kind of kids from getting it i guess.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:54:00 PM
You guys know I never come here but I saw the comment on paint. As a teen, I built modified car models. I loved white pearl, but it was only avail. in nail polish.
And that was a time when lacquer was available. So I mixed in the pearll and blue lac., used an airbrush, and it came out like a pro. I still have it.
UserPostedImage