LB Shows Mini Midway
Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:33:53 PM
Been a while since I've posted here. Busy times. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and holiday season.

Now, has anyone bought and/or built an RAH Toboggan yet? I'd like some input. Thinking of maybe getting on eventually and replacing my scratch built one.

Thanks.
Skywheelrider
Friday, December 31, 2010 3:51:29 AM
I have the kit. Have not built it yet, and it will be awhile before I get to it. Looks like a nice kit, the track is lathe-cut (you just have to trim it out of the plastic sheet), all the track supports are pre-formed, tube is a pvc pipe with the bottom entrance cut out, two pre-built trailers, light poles, sign, ballys, looks like it will be a nice model when done.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Rockowheel
Friday, December 31, 2010 10:00:03 AM
It's great to see the makeup of RAH's track for the Toboggan, given the great strides RAH has made of late perhaps it won't be long before he comes out with a coaster, i.e. a Zyklon, etc. or kiddie coaster.
ringmaster
Friday, December 31, 2010 11:57:24 AM
Get two they're small. I remember driving through middle Tennessee year ago; there were two Toboggan towers sticking up on the other side of a ridge. I don't know what park it was, but the image was kinda' surreal, it's stuck with me.
FYI; If you ever need to leave Canada in a hurry, try laying in a Toboggan tube with a packing blanket over you, works best on a train.
LB Shows Mini Midway
Monday, January 3, 2011 4:47:05 PM
Thank you all for your feedback on this topic.

I am pretty certain I will get one eventually. Here lately just not enough model time for me. [:(] I probably will get two anyway. That has been my usual routine since I have got to the point where, like Hurley, I have to break my models into units.

I must agree that RAH stuff keeps getting better all the time. On a side note, I just completed my RAH Ring of Fire (Super Loops). I'll post photos this week.

Thanks again.
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, January 3, 2011 6:45:28 PM
I guess I need to take another look at Ron's kits. Sounds like the quality is improving.
Skywheelrider
Monday, January 3, 2011 6:56:58 PM
Originally Posted by: ringmaster 

Get two they're small. I remember driving through middle Tennessee year ago; there were two Toboggan towers sticking up on the other side of a ridge. I don't know what park it was, but the image was kinda' surreal, it's stuck with me.
FYI; If you ever need to leave Canada in a hurry, try laying in a Toboggan tube with a packing blanket over you, works best on a train.

I visited Hersheypark back in the late 1970's (I want to say 1977), and they had two Chance Toboggan's side-by-side, I want to say painted yellow, red, and orange. No signs, no 'crown' of lights at the top of the towers, I have a book from Hershey, PA from that time somewhere and I know it has a photo of them on one page. Very strange to see even then.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
LB Shows Mini Midway
Monday, January 3, 2011 9:27:25 PM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

I visited Hersheypark back in the late 1970's (I want to say 1977), and they had two Chance Toboggan's side-by-side, I want to say painted yellow, red, and orange. No signs, no 'crown' of lights at the top of the towers, I have a book from Hershey, PA from that time somewhere and I know it has a photo of them on one page. Very strange to see even then.

If memory serves me correctly (which it often does not), KY State Fair had two Toboggans one year, back in the mid-80s. I believe CVS had the show but I don't know who the Toboggans belonged to. I do have plenty of photos from KY State Fair with one Toboggan. Love em or hate em, they are an interesting piece to see.

LB Shows Mini Midway
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 12:15:28 PM
As promised, here's my RAH Super Loops (Ring of Fire). I still have to add perimeter fence, but the ride itself is complete.

UserPostedImage
CONKO316
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:31:00 PM
That Super Loop is gorgeous!!! Awesome job on it.
UserPostedImage

Justin
Fabbri_Guy
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:24:32 PM
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:37:56 PM
LB Shows Mini Midway
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 10:19:42 PM
Thank you all very much. I did use sewing string for the wires.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, January 5, 2011 3:46:12 AM
Super Loops looks great John. That's another one on my list after the Scrambler and Freak Out, going to use the Super Loops theme, too.
LB Shows Mini Midway
Wednesday, January 5, 2011 12:00:10 PM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

Super Loops looks great John. That's another one on my list after the Scrambler and Freak Out, going to use the Super Loops theme, too.

I'm certain it will look great, just like your other models.