IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:05:53 AM
I have some extra time this week and was hoping to re-watch a movie I haven't seen in a long time. Of course the reason I bring this up here is because it is "Carny" with Jodie Foster and Gary Busey...and I can't find it anywhere.

I tried a couple of video stores, a second-hand video store, a library, and even Netflix. No one has it. I wonder why?

Anyone have any suggestions?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, December 30, 2010 9:01:11 AM
Check ebay. There's a bunch up there right now. VHS and DVD copies. I doubt you'll find it in a store unless you come across a copy in a back of a bin. The movie hasn't been in print for years.
JustJeff
Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:35:53 PM
I have a copy on VHS..If you have no luck ,PM me and I will dig it up for you and either make a copy and send it to you or send it to you and you can send it back when through.....

Let me know......jeff
BSA Mike
Thursday, December 30, 2010 2:01:28 PM
IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:06:37 PM
Originally Posted by: BSA Mike 

probably because you don't know where to look

http://www.amazon.com/s/...ds=carny&x=0&y=0 

I guess you're right.

Thanks for the help everyone.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
WestCoastPat
Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:26:52 PM
Or you might try doing what I do. Check with your local library service. I live in a little town of only a few thousand people and there are two branches of the local library service that have copies available now. No charge-No fuss-And they will get it for you if they do not have it. Almost all library systems belong to inter-library loan systems and will borrow from a different system if it is not in there's. Just a thought.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Mennayar
Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:52:12 PM
Got a copy in AVI format. Got a place to upload it?[yikes]