IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, December 27, 2010 11:52:01 AM
I like the new forum, but am still trying to get used to all the features. I really like all (most) of the old post going back as far as they do.

I've been reading many of the old posts (yes, I have time on my hands for a few days) and started at the last page and been working forward. I'll go through about twenty pages or more in a sitting, but here's the problem. When I come back to the site, if I left on page 620, I can't get back to it unless I scroll all the way through the pages which will only let you jump two at a time. Even starting at the last page and jumping forward takes some time, and the further I advance, the longer it will take the next time.

Is there a way to go directly to a specific page that I am unaware of? [dunno] I mean afterall, there are 685 of them!

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
squirrel
Monday, December 27, 2010 7:37:36 PM
I'll see if there's a way to do that, and if not - I'll put in a request with the developers for that feature -- they've been extremely helpful during our upgrade - they added the member search feature to the members page instead of having to scroll through them, so they would most likely add this feature as well 🙂
DanTheBooker
Monday, December 27, 2010 8:25:53 PM
Ted, if you look at the address for the page, you'll see the page number. If you edit that to the appropriate page.

http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com/forum/yaf_topics7 p620_Amusement-Industry-Discussion.aspx

Hope this helps!

squirrel
Monday, December 27, 2010 10:06:06 PM
Originally Posted by: DanTheBooker 

Ted, if you look at the address for the page, you'll see the page number. If you edit that to the appropriate page.

http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com/forum/yaf_topics7 p620_Amusement-Industry-Discussion.aspx

Hope this helps!

You hit it on the head, Dan -- thanks! I tried the 'Thank' button on that one, but it seems the latest update might have broken the Thank button temporarily. I was just looking over even newer code for the software and it appears they are updating many things in the JavaScript and some other features that are coming - I'm holding off on that update until I get word what all is involved in it -- currently, we are pretty functional so I am a little hesitant to upgrade if not immediately needed :)

IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, December 28, 2010 12:16:45 AM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

You hit it on the head, Dan -- thanks! I tried the 'Thank' button on that one, but it seems the latest update might have broken the Thank button temporarily. I was just looking over even newer code for the software and it appears they are updating many things in the JavaScript and some other features that are coming - I'm holding off on that update until I get word what all is involved in it -- currently, we are pretty functional so I am a little hesitant to upgrade if not immediately needed :)

Thanks Dan, I tried it and that does indeed work! I appreciate it very much.

Also thank you too secret.squirrel for all your time and hard work getting this new upgrade up and running, and improving.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.