Erik9976
  •  Erik9976
  • 66.06% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, November 11, 2003 2:49:43 PM
I think Jules & Beck Combined Shows should get an award for most improved show. they used to look like crap. they really cleaned there show up.
JustinJames
Tuesday, November 11, 2003 3:19:10 PM
Ya, they got a few Michigan shows all up in a tiffy too.[;)]
J-bird
Tuesday, November 11, 2003 3:31:30 PM
I haven't seen Belle City since I was a kid back in the 80's; back then I recalled it didn't look like much....from the pics I've seen lately and the visits others have described, plus the video footage I've seen, I'll have to say they have come a long way and have made many improvements, not to mention expanding. I hope to visit their midway in the near future.
JOHN C
Tuesday, November 11, 2003 5:02:44 PM
family attractions needs to be added to this list...i've seen this show every year since they started it....they really have come a long way
once you go carnie you never go back

UserPostedImage
dccradio
Tuesday, November 11, 2003 6:10:20 PM
A & P Enterprise should be added to the list too. I moved to Wisconsin in July of 2001 and they were the first show I saw here. Compared to what I had seen down south they were a bit of a let down because I was used to the big boy shows. However this year A & P looked really good, they have added some newer rides in the past couple of years like their Speedway and their Fire Chief. Their Scooter looks awesome as does the new paint scheme on their Quasar and I must say I was glad to see a Ferris Wheel on their midway this year. I have always been a fan of their Drop Zone, it's one of the prettiest Paratroopers I've seen. Keep up the good work A & P, I'm looking forward to seeing your show in 2004 here in Wisconsin.
Mark H
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 2:06:16 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Erik9976

I think Jules & Beck Combined Shows should get an award for most improved show. they used to look like crap. they really cleaned there show up.

Yep, I have to agree there. They looked good in 2002 when I saw them for the first time, but this year, wow. They have the most beautiful Mulligan Wheel I have seen, and a gorgeous Round-Up. And the help is so friendly, the show is clean, well lit, well painted, just a great show.[:)] And yeah Justin is right, they have more than one show here in Michigan all in a tizzy, heh heh. [;)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JustinJames
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 5:57:01 AM
I would have to say in the last year Mid America has come a long ways.

Overall for Michigan, I would say both Wade and Playworld are the biggest achievers. Playworld started off as a LITTLE LITTLE show and WOW look at em now. And STILL managing to look awesome week after week.
Cstephens
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 7:15:34 AM
heart of america looked really crummy back in the mid 90's, i like the way their show has changed, if they had'nt done that, they might have gone off the road permanently.
archived04
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 7:51:12 AM
orphaned
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 10:04:23 AM
Now, Justin, not picking a fight, but please justify how you think Mid America has come a long way? Just curious.
orphaned
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 10:04:57 AM
I'd have to agree with Jules and Beck followed by Family Attractions and Belle City based on the show's I've seen.
orphaned
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 10:08:56 AM
And, add Snyder and Metts to the list as well. Since Hill Jr. took over this show has really improved every single year. Time was that this show would never buy a new piece...then Hill Jr went out and bought a brand new Larson Fireball...the second or third one off the line...plus he added a Hurricane, Deluxe Sizzler and a Music Express. If he ever upgrades his wheel to some kind of gondola, he'll have one of the nicest little shows on the road.
oscar de grouch
Friday, November 21, 2003 7:18:32 AM
Bryan,

I am not Justin, but I think its justified by watching them for myself rebuild a bunch of rides bought at auctions and various other places. They are growing and things are coming along for them fairly well. It takes alot of talent to make something thats old and decrepid look and operate brand new, and the fabricator that they have takes enormous pride in his work and treats the equiptment like it was his own.
gruelurks
Friday, November 21, 2003 7:22:58 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by oscar de grouch
...and the fabricator that they have takes enormous pride in his work and treats the equiptment like it was his own.

Yes, he should've been on the A-Team... [8D]