flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:33:14 PM
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ 

Chaning 8 tacks and cassettes to CD is now easy. Download the free program, it has support and documentation and works on PC, Mac and Linex. You will need a cable to go from the line out of the player to the line in on your computer, $3 at Frys. On a PC there is one file,,LAME which you will have to download which is also free. It converts whats on the tapes with enhancements and does much more. The program also allows you to split or join pcs. I've used it for 2 years, works great.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
squirrel
Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:49:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ 

Chaning 8 tacks and cassettes to CD is now easy. Download the free program, it has support and documentation and works on PC, Mac and Linex. You will need a cable to go from the line out of the player to the line in on your computer, $3 at Frys. On a PC there is one file,,LAME which you will have to download which is also free. It converts whats on the tapes with enhancements and does much more. The program also allows you to split or join pcs. I've used it for 2 years, works great.

http://lame.sourceforge.net/  - it's the utility that will encode the raw audio into MP3 format for use on most mp3 players and media players... I've used another one called AudioGrabber for years to rip from CD to mp3 - it will normalize the tracks, and when you use LAME to encode, you can get CD-quality rips instead of 'compressed' sounding audio that the lower bit-rates offer...
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:26:32 PM
I also have several CAD progs, free I like progecad ans A9Cad both free. If you want the links let me know. For working on a remote computer I use TeamViewer5, also free for personal use. Sure makes it easy to straighten out somebody elses computer from home.
squirrel
Sunday, November 14, 2010 4:59:12 PM
Quote:

quote:

I also have several CAD progs, free I like progecad ans A9Cad both free. If you want the links let me know. For working on a remote computer I use TeamViewer5, also free for personal use. Sure makes it easy to straighten out somebody elses computer from home.

I have a one-click VNC app I setup -- you can download it from my server when I send the link, double click it and boom... It phones home to my IP and connects automatically - no firewall problems, no 'setup' issues - nothing -- and once you or I disconnect the session, it automatically 'removes' from memory - no services or anything like that stay resident - you have to initiate the connection before I can get in.

I also use a little program I found to do wiring schematics -- it was pretty easy to setup -- I used it to do a wiring diagram for a 4x4 matrix controller for a Zipper using the SSR's and a controller from Dial Lighting... I was gonna send it to you and it slipped through the cracks I think (last spring) --

I might have to check out those CAD apps, but I don't CAD too often to be honest - especially now that I'm 'retired' - and before, it was mostly hands-on - I didn't have to send the information to others much -- I would just go on-site to deal with anything to make sure it was done right 😉
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:56:05 PM
I did a bunch of Talley's rides to scale. 1'=20' for the Mega drop and slide, 1"10' for the rest. I didn't charge him for it but he gave me passes to get in to the stock show and passes for the grand kids to ride. My 6 year old grand daughter about wore out the Fast Trax slide.

I am always looking for free stuff. Some of it is better than the stuff you buy. I did buy Pinnacle to convert my VHS tapes. Their software isn't the best. Unless you use their software it won't pick up the audio.

squirrel
Monday, November 15, 2010 4:34:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

I did a bunch of Talley's rides to scale. 1'=20' for the Mega drop and slide, 1"10' for the rest. I didn't charge him for it but he gave me passes to get in to the stock show and passes for the grand kids to ride. My 6 year old grand daughter about wore out the Fast Trax slide.

I am always looking for free stuff. Some of it is better than the stuff you buy. I did buy Pinnacle to convert my VHS tapes. Their software isn't the best. Unless you use their software it won't pick up the audio.

I've never played with Pinnacle but I know people who have. I'm going to get my hands on a copy of Adobe Premier later today to play with. I'm getting my Dual-Core back up and running later this week when the new motherboard comes in, so I'll have the hardware back to do the movie stuff. I just need some raw footage at this point, etc...

I'll pack-up that program I used for the Wiring Schematic... I think the name was ExpressPCB (for laying out pc-boards) -- it includes symbols and other things -- was a little tricky to use but got easier as time progressed. The program I use for my helpdesk software, if you're interested let me know and I'll set you up with links to that so you can check it out. It works best if your IP address doesn't change often (normal with cable and DSL customers, etc), because it relies on the remote machine phone-ing home to your 'listening viewer' to establish the connection. Another great way to do this is via zolved.com - but I have had issues with speed and performance of it on Vista machines...
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 15, 2010 6:57:26 PM
I would like to see the diagram.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by secret.squirrel

Quote:

quote:

I have a one-click VNC app I setup -- you can download it from my server when I send the link, double click it and boom... It phones home to my IP and connects automatically - no firewall problems, no 'setup' issues - nothing -- and once you or I disconnect the session, it automatically 'removes' from memory - no services or anything like that stay resident - you have to initiate the connection before I can get in.

I also use a little program I found to do wiring schematics -- it was pretty easy to setup -- I used it to do a wiring diagram for a 4x4 matrix controller for a Zipper using the SSR's and a controller from Dial Lighting... I was gonna send it to you and it slipped through the cracks I think (last spring) --

I might have to check out those CAD apps, but I don't CAD too often to be honest - especially now that I'm 'retired' - and before, it was mostly hands-on - I didn't have to send the information to others much -- I would just go on-site to deal with anything to make sure it was done right ;)

UserPostedImage