britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, October 18, 2010 3:07:15 PM
visited today and had the opportunity to look around. new to the fair this year is a different layout for some of the midway. gone are the pieces behind Dorton and in their place are the buildings and other exhibitors for the Kerr Scott area. rides now occupy that space. Dragstrip, Fighter, Fury, Orbitor, Freakout and few others held down the Coleman Hill area. main midway area basically the same as last year. That enterprise looks good in the daylight also. At the bottom of the old midway area(hill) was anchored by pgam bobs, playworld freakout & vortex, dark ride, scooter, kiddies and the old bluegrass shows himi. had the opportunity to see Corky and most of the pgam crew and talk. season been good when the weather was good. fall been real good. had the opportunity to talk with Frank Zaitshik also. talked about the carnival industry in general. Snowman was there as an outside inspector. There was even a Pal Fontana sighting and I actually saw Pal using a broom to clean up some water around his food. new wrap on the trailer and marquee looks good. seemed like the group games,(water races, derbys) were getting more action today except for ronnie's rat game. weather was great today and crowds seemed to be good for a Monday. Great Day to be at the NCSF.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 18, 2010 3:52:21 PM
Please break into paragraphs.
UserPostedImage
skydiver77
Monday, October 18, 2010 4:43:14 PM
So they've got rides now in front of the Dorton Arena eh? That sounds cool. So when i park over by the railroad tracks, i'll get to see the Freak Out swinging & the others. [8D] Sounds like a good time to be had. I'm going Thursday and Saturday. I bought 9 ride sheets / 162 ride tickets, so it's gonna be awesome when i do go! I'm about to head outside on my front porch right now. It's nearly 9:45 right now and i can hear the fireworks from about 20 miles away from the fairgrounds, when they go off at night time, especially the loud white thunders on the grand finale part. Those suckers are loud! My granddad could hear those white thunders last night when he turned his TV off and it was quiet in the house. You know they're awesome-loud if you can hear 'em from 20 miles away from the Fairgrounds! lol [8D]

Thanks for the report on what rides they have this year. Later
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, October 18, 2010 5:13:03 PM
no rides around dorton arena except start of kiddie land with pgam's mulligan wheel sitting close to where strates wheel was at one time. also liked the new marquee's on top of the ticket boxes. pgam's had a electronic sign on top of their's.
skydiver77
Monday, October 18, 2010 6:10:40 PM
I saw what you're talking about from Midwayprovdr's photos. It's good to see the KMG FireBall & Freak Out there. They'll be eating up alot of my tickets come Thursday. LOL That Fighter ride, i have never seen one in person before. That one has my curiousity up. Anyone know if it flips you upside down or just what all does it do? Is there a video of one on youtube?...the action of it.
punkboysa18
Monday, October 18, 2010 9:54:12 PM
These are vids of the Fighter while I was operating it in 06' and 07' owned by Flight to Mars inc. Before it was owned by Wade Shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loMWdP4G_6s 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqL0r_ku8tA 
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 9:25:13 PM
honestly punk its a pretty good ride but baulky for what it does.Was it good to yaa i know you blasted the mic right.It was goood tonight to but was taped could tell oh well...
punkboysa18
Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:21:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by daniel

honestly punk its a pretty good ride but baulky for what it does.Was it good to yaa i know you blasted the mic right.It was goood tonight to but was taped could tell oh well...

Responded to most on "the fighter" thread daniel 🙂
Tornado
Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:53:16 AM
how many wheels does wade have there?
from pictures i see he has 12 or so big pieces.
1) RC-48 Coaster
2) White Water Flume
3) Fighter
4) Chance Giant Wheel
5) Hit In 2000
6) Super Himalaya (old Blue Grass one)
7) Alpine Bobs
8) Enterprise
9) KMG Fire Ball
10) Mega Drop
11) Grand Carousel (4 abreast)
12) Drag Strip slide
Tornado
Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:59:47 AM
Also does wade have there Twister (Crazy Dance) there?
I'm guessing not as I saw AD Toler's Cortina Bobs (Crazy Dance) in some pictures as well.
And is the RC-48 the only coaster there this year?
skywheel88
Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:00:29 AM
Looks like they set up both Giants, pink stand and yellow stand w/red gondolas.
Kenny.

Skywheelrider
Thursday, October 21, 2010 9:28:10 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tornado

Also does wade have there Twister (Crazy Dance) there?
I'm guessing not as I saw AD Toler's Cortina Bobs (Crazy Dance) in some pictures as well.
And is the RC-48 the only coaster there this year?

Twister travels with first unit, Montgomery, AL and then Laurel, MS. Wade has been bringing both Chance Giant Wheels to Raleigh since 2008, one goes on the main midway and the other by the old midway area, up on a hill.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Tornado
Friday, October 22, 2010 2:18:50 AM
Benjibear
Friday, October 22, 2010 3:08:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Please break into paragraphs.

Paragraphs?Iamhappywhensomepostersputspacesbetweenwords.

[:D]
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, October 22, 2010 4:13:50 AM