ringmaster
  •  ringmaster
  • 70.14% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, October 9, 2010 6:06:02 AM
http://patimg1.uspto.gov....gov/netacgi/nph-Parser? 
It shows a hydraulic link in the headache bars to lower all the tubs at once for loading. Was this ever built ?
I know the first few eight armed monsters had to be rebuilt with six main sweeps because of metal fatigue, and at least on Monster was built or rebuilt as a five arm machine.
Can someone give me more history on these rides. ? Everyone I've seen has some differences.
Ridee-O
Saturday, October 9, 2010 10:22:48 AM
[:)]Eyerly built a few prototypes but the first monster had 5 arms and the metal Octopus tubs and was built for the Seattle World's Fair.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, October 9, 2010 1:46:45 PM
The best one was updated by Stapf and Steck, in the 70's' with painted wood flooring and a grand entrance.
UserPostedImage
indianacarnie
Saturday, October 9, 2010 9:13:58 PM
did'nt murphy brothers have one in the early eighties? i seem to remember one there. wood decking ( i think)
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Flying Coaster
Saturday, October 9, 2010 9:47:47 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

The best one was updated by Stapf and Steck, in the 70's' with painted wood flooring and a grand entrance.

I rode that one at the IL S.F. Very nice ride, I remember the wood decking and big sign on the oscillator.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 10, 2010 3:42:55 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Flying Coaster

Quote:

quote:

I rode that one at the IL S.F. Very nice ride, I remember the wood decking and big sign on the oscillator.

I've seen photos of Ron Burbacks Monster where he had a Red and Black wood deck. He may have bought that Monstor.

I don't think they use the deak anymore
Flying Coaster
Sunday, October 10, 2010 5:19:13 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Flying Coaster

Quote:

quote:

I've seen photos of Ron Burbacks Monster where he had a Red and Black wood deck. He may have bought that Monstor.

I don't think they use the deak anymore

If I remember correctly, the decking was green and yeller in a checkerboard pattern, very nicely done.
Rockowheel
Sunday, October 10, 2010 9:12:57 AM
That was definitely a beautiful ride. I too saw and rode it in Springfield (Ill), in 1968. I remember there was also an 8 tub Octopus on the midway as well. (Olson Shows) Gotta dig up pics, I do have an 8mm movie of it.
A Question: was the Spelunker dark ride and Cakewalk Slide there also Stapf & Steck's?
Quote:

quote:

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 10, 2010 9:15:23 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Rockowheel

That was definitely a beautiful ride. I too saw and rode it in Springfield (Ill), in 1968. I remember there was also an 8 tub Octopus on the midway as well. (Olson Shows) Gotta dig up pics, I do have an 8mm movie of it.
A Question: was the Spelunker dark ride and Cakewalk Slide there also Stapf & Steck's?
Quote:

quote:

Yes, they did own those as well
UserPostedImage
Flying Coaster
Sunday, October 10, 2010 2:41:52 PM
Would that be Stapf as in Lowell Stapf, who built some of the Flying Coasters in Amarillo?