DrNickRiviera995
Sunday, September 19, 2010 3:31:04 PM
I'm trying to get the Faller log flume up and going...it says to add the distiled water, which I have, and it also says to add 3-5 drops of a water softening agent. I have no clue what they mean or where to find it. I called around to a hobby shop, spa place and pet shop (thought maybee it was something used for spas or fish tanks) but got nowhere. Anyone who has this ride running know what your supposed to add? Or is it even needed?
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:49:12 AM
Never heard of it either and if you've called all those places who would definitely know about that stuff it must be a european thing ha. One thought is maybe add a couple tiny water softener pellets into the holding tank (if there is one not too familiar with that kit)?
carnivalkits
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:11:16 PM
If it is a water surface tension problem try a small drop of dish liquid. Do not know about what water softener pellets are. My water softener uses salt to regenerate the bed so that can not be what you want.

Rich
DrNickRiviera995
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:18:32 AM
Thanks for the tips guys...yeah I dunno what they mean. Pehaps it was a bad translation of the directions or just something they have in Europe. I've had it running with just the distiled water and the pumps seem to work ok so far.

Biggest problem at this point is the belt on the shorter lift sticking/stalling. Seems like the belt is just too large and if it's not 100 percent dead center it catches. Wonder if it would be best to try to cut some of it away with an xacto knife or something.

Also does anyone understand what the repair kit/upgrade kit is for that they put out a few years ago? Does that replace/upgrade the lift hills or something for smoother operation? And can you impliment that into a model that's already assembled?
Matt C.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:32:04 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DrNickRiviera995

Biggest problem at this point is the belt on the shorter lift sticking/stalling. Seems like the belt is just too large and if it's not 100 percent dead center it catches. Wonder if it would be best to try to cut some of it away with an xacto knife or something.

I had that problem too. It seemed as if the belts would either expand or slip when they got wet. It was very hard to keep running properly.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
mattypark
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:01:00 AM
As I understand it (just from their website), it appears the Service Set (Kit 190430) may address that problem as it includes two new "complete lifts." Here is the link:

http://faller.de/App/WebObjects...ter-Canoeing-Course.html 

The site also notes that recently manufactured kits will already have this Service Set included.

If I had to guess, the water softening agent may not be needed in most cities within the US as our water is often highly over-treated already. To test your water, simply see if it lathers with soap. Water that is already soft will lather and foam, where as hard will not.

When I was in Germany, for example, the local water was often very "hard." (By definition, hard water contains high content of Calcium (Ca) and Magnesium (Mg). Locals generally do not drink tap water like we do in the States. As a result, they may add a softening agent to neutralize the minerals [:)]