Fabbri_Guy
  •  Fabbri_Guy
  • 64.96% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, September 13, 2010 4:18:27 PM
Anyone got any racked shots of this ride or any shots period? And how many are traviling in the states?
Majestic Fan1982
Monday, September 13, 2010 5:37:03 PM
Your late on this ride from Zamperla im getting info that this ride first came out in 2003. one of the shows who purchased one was Mighty blue grass shows. as far as them i dont know who else had one or still owns one. and i dont have any racked photos of this ride.
cny_chris
Monday, September 13, 2010 5:44:44 PM
Bluegrass' Nitro is now with Belle City Amusements. There also was a portable one at Martin's Fantasy Island Park in Grand Island, NY, but it was sold and went overseas, if I remember correctly. Almost want to say one of the west coast shows bought one as well.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
DickHefner
Monday, September 13, 2010 6:12:30 PM
is the Nitro another swinging pendulum ride?
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
Majestic Fan1982
Monday, September 13, 2010 6:55:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by DickHefner

is the Nitro another swinging pendulum ride?

Yes another one of them darn swinging pendulum rides. I always think to myself who is next in line to introduce another version of this type of ride.
DickHefner
Monday, September 13, 2010 7:04:35 PM
is murphy bros Xtreme one of them? ive got a few pic on webshots
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
Tornado
Monday, September 13, 2010 8:28:56 PM
There is one on the west coast. I beleive its Butlers, but nobody has been able to confim who's it is.
A few months back there was a cover shot of Butler in Carnival mag and in the back you can see the Nitro. Orange and blue in color I believe.
cny_chris
Monday, September 13, 2010 8:35:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Pretty sure that's a Technical Park Street Fighter.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
bob4554
  •  bob4554
  • 55.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:08:31 AM
I May have a racked pic or 2 ill look tomorrow. As for them i believe the only one traveling (or the only one ive seen) is the former MBGS one now owned by BCA. The difference between it and KMG is it holds less people and dosnt swing as high. Fun Ride though
Bob

Matt C.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:23:28 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Quote:

quote:

Pretty sure that's a Technical Park Street Fighter.

Correct.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:58:24 AM
butler and belle city both own them.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Tornado
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:56:59 AM
Do you know where Butler got their's from?

Also the KMG version seats more and it also seats less...
The 2 trailer model (FireBall) seats 24 and the one trailer model (Freakout) seats 16. The Nitro is a one trailer piece and seats 20. Not bad for a one trailer piece, but as some else pointed out it only swings to 90 degrees or so each side (thought it can swing higher). I saw Blue Grasses in Nashville the last year they had it and this is what I observed as well.
I also believe someone on here once mentioned that when swinging it higher it tended to walk?
LB Shows Mini Midway
Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:36:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tornado

...I also believe someone on here once mentioned that when swinging it higher it tended to walk?

That's frightening.

I saw BCA's this summer also. It is a good looking piece of equipment, but it definitely did not look to have the swinging degrees of a KMG Feuerball.