Majestic Fan1982
Sunday, September 12, 2010 11:37:25 AM
Majestic Midways leaves Broomall Pa tonight, as tons of fun shows pulls in tomorrow morning. Same town, same street just differnt lot.

How many of you seen that happen on the same street with one show leaving and another show pulling in the next week on the same street?
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:06:35 PM
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:48:39 PM
Go to Detroit in the spring......lol
the-novelty-man
Sunday, September 12, 2010 3:55:53 PM
Rockowheel
Sunday, September 12, 2010 4:33:38 PM
Damn what I wouldn't give for a situation like that around here!
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Majestic Fan1982

Majestic Midways leaves Broomall Pa tonight, as tons of fun shows pulls in tomorrow morning. Same town, same street just differnt lot.

How many of you seen that happen on the same street with one show leaving and another show pulling in the next week on the same street?

BUB
  •  BUB
  • 52.62% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, September 12, 2010 5:13:05 PM
the stake holes are still hot in miami one show leaves one show arrives.
what the ????
IndianaTED
Sunday, September 12, 2010 6:52:25 PM
What's the closest that two Shows have been in proximity to each other at the same time?

I have seen Shows 15 miles apart before, but I'm sure that many would be able to top that. My question is just how close?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
bobo5038
Monday, September 13, 2010 2:28:40 AM
Working in the DC area, we moved from a mall to a Kmart parking lot seven miles down the road. Did better at the Kmart.
Benjibear
Monday, September 13, 2010 3:05:15 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by IndianaTED

What's the closest that two Shows have been in proximity to each other at the same time?

I have seen Shows 15 miles apart before, but I'm sure that many would be able to top that. My question is just how close?

I would say that honor goes to Garbrick Amusements and Bartlebaugh Amusements. Grange Fair in Centre Hall, PA has contracts with both shows and each set up a different midway at the fair in different corners.

Now if you are looking for two separate events, I know this past weekend York Fair is going on with Reithoffer and a firemans carnival is going on in Dover with Russ Amsuements. A distance of about 6 miles.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Rockowheel
Monday, September 13, 2010 3:22:13 AM
Back in the 70's the legendary Royal American Shows was playing the Maywood Park racetrack at the same time GAC was doing the big Italian feast in Melrose Park, just blocks away.
It was like Paradise!
Quote:

quote:

2ndgencarnie
Monday, September 13, 2010 8:57:52 AM
I cant for life of me remember the name of the road but in Columbus Ohio every spring there would be any where from 2-5 shows on the same road over the course of a month every year....I played it once year with Carnival Tyme and we were having price wars that got all the way down to 50 cents for a ride....
Majestic Fan1982
Monday, September 13, 2010 9:18:38 AM
Shows that have played in the same exact week. i have seen Dreamland at the mall in Media Pa, then go up the highway into springfield Pa you had Lynam amusements doing a high school fair, so thats about 5 miles from each spot, do another 5 to 10 miles from lynams spot and you had Majestic Midways in Broomall Pa, doing a fire company fair.

Its sometimes fun to visit each show in the same day but can get crazy at the same time.

Now what tops that is back in the early 90's i had Oscars Amusements doing a fire company carnival in Bethel township Pa, well as i was leaving that event i saw signs in a store window for another carnival coming to town.

It said Bethel Fire Company and it was scheduled to come in right after Oscars left the other fire company event. and i looked at the bottom of the sign and it said Oscars amusements for the midway provider. I thought to myself you gotta be kidding me. that is way to close to each other. all Oscars had to do was go up the street make a right and their home again lmao. Im sure they liked that jump. These two fire companies no longer run carnivals out there.

But the story with Majestic Midways leaving and tons of fun shows pulling in right on the same street tops it all in my area. It be even more fun living on the corner of west chester pike and Mailin road you would see Majestic pulling their stuff out and tons of fun shows pulling in.

Im sure the neighbors on that street think its crazy also to have two events so close in the weeks.
detroit121
Monday, September 13, 2010 1:12:46 PM
in grand rapids Michigan AJ CARL SHOWS sat in the lot next to playworld during the same week!!!! you could throw a baseball from wheel to wheel....i think it was playworld that was doing the spot first though.In Detroit there are shows on every corner in the spring....

Quote:

quote:

babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
jdavid
Monday, September 13, 2010 2:17:28 PM
i've seen shows situp across the steet from each other and come sunday another show waiting to pull in in after they tear down. northern lights shopping center columbus ohio in the 70's there was as many as 3 or 4 shows played it back to back
Matt C.
Monday, September 13, 2010 8:04:40 PM
I remember 5-6 years ago, Fantasy Amusements played a Wal-Mart parking lot in Rolling Meadows (IL) for one organization and then Windy City pulled in the following week for a different organization.

The same used to happen in Crystal Lake (IL) during the last week in June and first week in July. Wincy City played a festival for one organization at the same lot during the last week in June and then Skinner's Amusements would pull in the following week to play the event for a different organization. Currently, the event that Skinner played is no longer around so it is just Windy City... Prior to about 2004, Skinner played both events and didnt have to tear down lol.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com