rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:55:08 AM

I did not say they did not bring anything good in but a couple of the typical rides (zipper, cliff hanger, orbitor) to that lineup and it goes from good to great.
Or the kiddies (rockin tug, wheel, wacky worm). I would say you would find those at other state fairs.
I`m not being a critic of the show either. I know they have to make money and their going to bring in what makes money for them. What I am saying is our state fair is not making improvements to bring attendance up to justify more though. Making ours one of the worst among the large fairs.
Kansas even fares better than we do. Theirs is even a lot further out from the Kansas City area. Missouri needs to step it up.
RodB
Dan L.
  •  Dan L.
  • 60.96% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:02:18 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

I dont know too much about the fairgrounds, entertainment, or concessions, but how can you beat the ride line up? How many other fairs have:

1) Zkylon Coaster
2) White Water Flume
3) Reverchon Himalaya
4) Mondial Fighter
5) Enterprise
6) Mulligan Wheel
+ others

Thats a pretty good line up of multi trailer spectacular rides!

The Arkansas State Fair hasn't seen a Zyklon, Enterprise, or Reverchon Himalaya in years. Not to mention that we have never had a Flume. Of course you would have to kill a forest to have enough blocking. [8D]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:11:47 PM
bikericky
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:14:53 PM
the southeast texas state fair in beaumont texas moved out of town along side of interstate 10 on the west side of town and it seems to have been a good choice it had good attendance but it has increased each year even with th poor economy since the move
Pizzagod
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:50:46 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bikericky

the southeast texas state fair in beaumont texas moved out of town along side of interstate 10 on the west side of town and it seems to have been a good choice it had good attendance but it has increased each year even with th poor economy since the move

Speaking as a vendor (and a self proclaimed genius-not that everybody else isn't free to chime in and sing my praises) the demographic at Beaumont changed drastically with the new fairgrounds. The people with money started attending, and the locals who had been frequent guests when it was in town started dropping out.

The smartest move they made (in my opinion) was changing dates, and avoiding hurricane season.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Real Carnival
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:31:56 AM
The MSF is situated on about 300 acres of well maintained green grass, rolling hills, and beautiful trees. It has a combination of well preserved historical buildings mixed with a number of newer building. It's barns are filled with livestock. It has a great array of farm implements and assorted other commercial displays. The food isle has beer, entertainment and a variety of sit down food stands. They still book national acts and have various in a relatively new grandstand and have numerous free grounds acts. The carnival has more big pieces than most state fairs that are 2 or 3 times larger. The midway is safe, clean, with lots of customer amenities. They have discounts at the gate and the carnival offers a armband everyday (with a 20 percent discount in advance)This fair accomplishes all this located in a town of 20,000 people, in a month that historically reaches triple digit heat with the constant potential for thunderstorms. Sure their are alot of bigger fairs, but I don't know why or how anyone would say that the MSF is the worst state fair. Have above day.
Tornado
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:18:47 AM
He is talking about the Missouri state fair….
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:33:24 AM
Excellant reply "Real Carnival".
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 9:44:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Real Carnival

The MSF is situated on about 300 acres of well maintained green grass, rolling hills, and beautiful trees. It has a combination of well preserved historical buildings mixed with a number of newer building. It's barns are filled with livestock. It has a great array of farm implements and assorted other commercial displays. The food isle has beer, entertainment and a variety of sit down food stands. They still book national acts and have various in a relatively new grandstand and have numerous free grounds acts. The carnival has more big pieces than most state fairs that are 2 or 3 times larger. The midway is safe, clean, with lots of customer amenities. They have discounts at the gate and the carnival offers a armband everyday (with a 20 percent discount in advance)This fair accomplishes all this located in a town of 20,000 people, in a month that historically reaches triple digit heat with the constant potential for thunderstorms. Sure their are alot of bigger fairs, but I don't know why or how anyone would say that the MSF is the worst state fair. Have above day.

You wanna know why some would say you have the worst State Fair....Cause maybe they a Idiots. Maybe, they had noone to ride a ride that had a no single riders rule. Maybe, they lost thier wallet. Maybe, their girlfriend found a new boyfriend at the Fair. Maybe, nobody really knows and they just wanna complain because someone has nicer and more stuff than them...
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:09:10 PM
people not in the Biz just dont get it
joan
  •  joan
  • 57.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:36:18 PM
So, I played Sedalia in 98 and in 2007 (Murphy Bros) and last year (Wade). All I can say is it's too f*ckin hot. The heat alone would make me stay home if I was a fairgoer. I didn't like the Wade layout. It seemed lacking somehow. Not that they don't provide nice rides or anything...I can't place my finger on what the problem was exactly, but I won't go back there.
Bowler Roller
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:47:51 PM
If Misery has a State fair, it's better than Michigan's.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Pizzagod
Wednesday, August 25, 2010 4:22:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

If Misery has a State fair, it's better than Michigan's.

We still have the U.P. State Fair. Clean fairgrounds, beautiful setting, terrific carnival.

You mean LOWER Michigan's.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:46:37 AM
Seems like the MO state fair PR person snuck onto Matt's