mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:25:39 AM
Strates Shows is playing the Erie Co Fair in Hamburg, New York. Rides include century wheel, orient express, merry go round, wiggle wurm, dizzy dragons, 2 slides, marioland, dinos, traffic jam, kong bounce, pans fun house, bugs, 3 euro bubbles, pony rides, 1 hampton, kanagroo, construction zone, ship bounce, 2 trains, indy 500, wacky worm, go gator, 4x4, musik express, kid himalaya, roller coaster, thunderbolt, 2 tilt a whirls, 2 hang gliders, zipper, sea ray, giant wheel, cuckoo haus, musik express, red baron, monkey maze, top spin, fire engines, round up, king circus fun house, scooter, enterprise, drop zone, 2 tornados, swiss merry go round, wave swinger, small wave swinger, 2 scramblers, fireball, rok n rol, orbiter, fire chief, haunted manison, bumper cars, starship, pony carts, japoly junction. Parking was 5 dollars,admission was 10 dollars,and ride tickets cost 1 dollar each,or a wristband for 25 dollars. Some photos,[http://good-times.webshots.com/album/578425800fItYfl]
BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, August 21, 2010 5:32:20 AM
nice to see Strates with Carol Stream booked in as well
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tornado
Saturday, August 21, 2010 2:25:25 PM
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 21, 2010 3:47:43 PM
Nice looking fair! Three music rides.
IndianaTED
Saturday, August 21, 2010 9:59:15 PM
Gotta love the old school Dodgem Cars (except maybe the paint job)...

http://good-times.websho...586051450101817055wVFzGy 

Man you could pack a punch with one of them!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
2ndgencarnie
Sunday, August 22, 2010 4:28:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by IndianaTED

Those are awesome.

Thanks for the pics....
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:07:03 AM
Bertazzon Musik Express, Majestic musik Express, Thunderbolt & Himalaya.
FOUR music rides!
skydiver77
Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:48:47 PM
Strates always looks good. lol [:o)] I missed Strates not ever going to the Raleigh Fairgrounds anymore, but i have grown to like the other shows as well. Wade, Powers, and the others all have great rides too! I do miss seeing Strates' Dutch Wheel though, and riding it. When i would be driving near the Fairgrounds from a distance, i could see that Dutch Wheel sticking up over the treetops from a long long ways away. [8D] That's an exciting feeling too, to see a Wheel sticking up over the treetops from a distance like that. You know there's a Fair going on where it's at. [8D] Back in the early 90's when Strates did have their Sky Wheel set up, i would see their Dutch Wheel before i would see their Sky Wheel. That Dorton Arena blocked my view to where the Sky Wheel was set up at.

I know what i said in the other post about the new rides, i do like them, but there's just something about that classic midway from back then. Seeing the different Wheels along the midway(Sky Wheel, Enterprise, Dutch Wheel, Chance Giant Wheel) & the Kamikazes, Sky Masters, Hi Rollers, Gravitron, Ring of Fires(the classic train Ring of Fire), etc... I'm oldskool, forgive me. LOL [:I]
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:27:27 PM
looks great!!!
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Midway Provydr
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:44:45 AM
Ben, come up to Winston Salem at the beginning of October and you will be able to see Strates in all their glory. [;)]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:31:44 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by IndianaTED

The cars must be a faux dodgem car since they do not have the customery grill.
I think the 50's cars had a sttel band over rubber on the bumper.
UserPostedImage
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:30:09 PM
80's retro. F&B cars. fiberglass on Duce chassis.

Still get alot of complements. Very nostalgic.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:47:50 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

80's retro. F&B cars. fiberglass on Duce chassis.

Still get alot of complements. Very nostalgic.

Very nice.
UserPostedImage