gary
  •  gary
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Thursday, August 19, 2010 2:35:01 PM
What is everyone paying for their seat belts on Eli Wheels?
If you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long
Benjibear
Thursday, August 19, 2010 3:42:39 PM
You now need to put seat belts on a wheel?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.9% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:06:26 PM
I've seen some Eli's with seat belts. But I've also seen operators selecting enforcing wearing them. Generally kids in the seat are made to wear the belts, adults may not be asked to fasten them.
3drides
Thursday, August 19, 2010 6:35:35 PM
in new york belts are mandatory we were allowed to use belt we had bought at advance auto and did not have to go through eli although some states you must just as in replacing bucket skins you must use elis aluminum
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 20, 2010 5:43:41 AM
The baby eli we have has some F-up seat belts from factory.

they are backwards (release button) and of couse nobody can figure it out. it takes twice as long to get them out
gary
  •  gary
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler Topic Starter
Friday, August 20, 2010 6:44:42 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

You now need to put seat belts on a wheel?

California made thm mandatory a couple of years ago, It really screws up loading of an alredy slow ride.
If you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long
bueller
Friday, August 20, 2010 7:47:16 AM
Here in CT and NY all riders have to wear a seat belt. We have really worn out retractable seat belts on the Eli Hy-5. Not sure about the cost but they have been on it longer than I've ran it. School bus seat belts work and they cost about $25 a piece.
DickHefner
Friday, August 20, 2010 8:14:38 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott
The baby eli we have has some F-up seat belts from factory. they are backwards (release button) and of couse nobody can figure it out. it takes twice as long to get them out

I know what your talking about, the retractable part is at the end of the belt? people think they've figured it out, and the belt locks, so they cant buckle it.......... easier to buckle it your self
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
bueller
Friday, August 20, 2010 9:41:40 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by DickHefner

I know what your talking about, the retractable part is at the end of the belt? people think they've figured it out, and the belt locks, so they cant buckle it.......... easier to buckle it your self

My boss told me I could yell at customers to not touch anything when they get on the ride. It is much easier and safer to do the belt and lap bar yourself. I consistently would be putting on peoples seat belts and parents and children will pull down the lap bar and slam it into my head. This is probably why every other person I've watched run the wheel makes the customers put on their own seat belt.