skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:52:24 PM
Some of these look like they're gonna be so easy until you go to build them. Anyways, here it is finally. She is fully functional and scratchbuilt.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Kenny.

Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:33:45 PM
Fantastic job! You've got to have enough stuff built by now for a small lay out!?
tjscarnivaloflights
Friday, August 13, 2010 1:30:22 AM
Hey Kenny,

That turned out great!!! Would love to see a video of it in operation and I think we all know about how involved these rides can get no matter how easy it looks....lol

TJ
Tim J., Owner/Builder
TJ's Carnival of Lights
www.tjscarnivaloflights.com 
No carnival is complete without the extravaganza of lights!
carnivalkits
Friday, August 13, 2010 4:13:30 AM
Hey, great looking model. I too would love to see it run. If you need more tubs I have a supply of them and motorcyces.

RIch
LB Shows Mini Midway
Friday, August 13, 2010 4:33:28 AM
Agreed. Your stuff always turns out so nice.

I would still love to see a photo of your complete layout.
skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
Friday, August 13, 2010 6:37:19 AM
Thanks guys! Actually, I had to get rid of alot of stuff when I moved from Edson to Saskatoon. I've only started rebuilding since I've moved back to Edmonton, which is ok because my Space Wheels weren't the right dimensions, Giant Wheel tubs weren't wide enough and I didn't like the repaint I did on it, Carousel spokes weren't strong enough to support the weight, Roll-o-plane was a little too tall, stuff like that. So, now I have the chance to correct all these things on my rebuilds. Also I'm gonna do all the flourescent tubes with flourescent paints so it will look totally lit up under black lights like Ron Hamm's layout, gonna be awhile but I'll just keep working at it till I have a decent sized lot. Right now I'm kind of on a flat ride spree so my show is not all wheels. Thank you again for your comments and interest.[:D]
Kenny.

BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:27:17 AM
looks great
BeauceCarnavalMan
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:03:51 AM
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.96% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:03:08 PM
Looks like they really liked those green and yellow lights on RAS.
skywheel88
  •  skywheel88
  • 59.08% (Neutral)
Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:11:13 PM
[:D] They sure did, Bill! At night their midway looked other-worldly, a true sight to behold. [:D]
Kenny.

carnivalguy135
Sunday, August 15, 2010 4:38:01 PM
Very Nice work keep up the excellent job.
mattypark
Monday, August 16, 2010 5:29:16 AM
Very nice. I just recently came back from a carnival and went on a ride like this for the first time - lots of fun!