Soda Guy
  •  Soda Guy
  • 71.62% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, August 9, 2010 1:45:18 PM
Now this is what I always called them. My question are there any still being run? The last one I saw was in the Mid 80's in Alexandria KY.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 9, 2010 3:27:33 PM
Last one I seen was in Perry GA. about 92. I'm sure there is one left out there somewhere....
alibiguyny
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:38:39 PM
theres one but im not telling where....... lol i love hearing it work. marks buying a ink pen for 5 dollars then it just keeps on going on and on... don driver is and was the best pitch and jam operator around. he lives in tn.....
i dont smell em i just tell em......
Soda Guy
  •  Soda Guy
  • 71.62% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:37:40 PM
You can really tell when a good pitchman is working it. The midway just DIES.
captflash
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:23:32 PM
the best of the best
was bobbie jones ....out of louieville ky.
worked out of back of a bus ...a nice one ....alot of class this guy had first time was in allegan mich .....the last time i was around daddy drew new albany ind.
he was poetry in montion .....he was the type a guy you would apprence your son to ......these guys were special
ya bob jones
Benjibear
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:33:42 AM
I remeber seeing one in the early 80s. I don't remeber much of what he said, except I wanted that remote control car he had behind him.

Anyone have a good video of one?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 6:51:11 AM
The only one I ever heard of was in New Orleans, and a former key show person was running it.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:29:45 AM
I sat down and watched one in the early 60's in Pa. It made no sense to me. At that time, the pen was a buck.
UserPostedImage
ringmaster
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 2:54:20 PM
I haven't seen the full jam in years, it generates too much heat. Mini jams are alive and well, often in indoor vinues
detroit121
Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:58:02 AM
A GUY THAT DIED JUST RECENTLY HAD ONE IN IONIA MICHIGAN UP BY THE GRANDSTAND AND HE ALWAYS HAD A NICE TIP GOING AND SEEMED TO BE MAKING A GREAT LIVING,THIS WAS LAST SEEN BY ME PROBABLY 10 YEARS OR SO AGO,MAYBE 11 OR 12.COOL AS HELL TO WATCH.
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!