wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:26:17 PM
anybody have any recent photos of Penn Wood Shows. They are scheduled to play our county fair this year for the first time and would like to see what they have to offer.

thanks
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:12:01 PM
you won't be disappointed
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
Majestic Fan1982
Sunday, July 25, 2010 4:37:45 PM
I hear they are a pretty decent outfit. they picked up alot of new spots this year and their prices are reasonable. You should like them.
Benjibear
Monday, July 26, 2010 2:28:27 AM
The pictures I would have were from 2007. It is a nice show with a few classic rides that have been restored to top notch condition and a few newer rides as well. Not sure if they ever buy anything brand new.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, July 26, 2010 6:27:45 AM
there has been a lot of buzz locally about the new midway this year, sometimes change is good, looking forward to seeing Penn Wood. will post line up and hopefully some pics next week when fair opens, but I do not have the greatest of cameras.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, August 2, 2010 6:49:15 AM
Penn Wood is now at the Berkeley County Fair in Martinsburg WV. All rides were set up and ready to go @ 6:30 pm on Sunday evening when the fair advertised the midway would be open. I'm not sure where they were on Saturday night but everything came in early Sunday (no rides arrived earlier) and they got it all ready. It was very hot and dusty on the fairgrounds and those guys had to be tired to pack up and move all that iron in such a short period of time.

The midway is a huge improvement over what has been at this spot in the past. Overall the midway looks good, and it's nice to see some rides that have never been at this fair. Here is the line up as best as I can remember, I will try and get some photos this week to post.

Century Wheel
Sea Ray
Zipper
Wipeout
Orbiter
Tilt a Whirl
Slide
Sizzler
Bumper cars
Rock n Roll
Paratrooper
Mardi Gras
Orient Express
Carousel
Mini-Scrambler
Bees
Hurricane
Kiddie Trucks
Dizzy Dragons
and probably a few other kiddie rides

also nice looking food & games trailers, not sure but may have used independent contractors to move the rides as I did not see a lot of semi tractors parked with Penn Wood logo.