Pizzagod
  •  Pizzagod
  • 63.84% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, July 15, 2010 10:28:09 AM
There was yet another topic locked down here, and the thrust was that there were cheap shots taken, AGAIN.

I don't love everybody, I am certainly not held in the highest esteem everywhere, but I'm going on year 33 out here. It's not an easy life, and like somebody or not, you have to respect that surviving out here is tougher than ever.

Let's think a little before we post something huh? I have never sent a private message here that wasn't answered, and if you want to get the lowdown on somebody or something, or if you want to dish or air something negative, it's a lot better for all concerned to do it off the boards.

I don't know Larry Carr. I don't know Ray Cammack. I don't know Strates or Charles Panecek (even though I've sat next to his midway a number of times). I'm not going to say I heard this, that or the other thing about them. Doesn't do anybody any good. I hate to be the latest to jump on the "Be nice" bandwagon, but if the idea is to keep the ideas flowing freely here, let's be positive. Got a question? Phrase it that way and people who know will answer it. Just want to knock? Please don't.
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:33:38 AM
Agreed, atleast somebody has brains enough to understand what I'm trying to say.

Thanks PG
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, July 15, 2010 11:49:10 AM
IF YOU CAN'T BE A BOOSTER DONT BE A KNOCKER
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
Discjo
Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:53:18 PM
Cant we all just get along [8D] And hugs to all and please dont push the donniker over !!!
Pizzagod
  •  Pizzagod
  • 63.84% (Friendly)
Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:32:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Discjo

Cant we all just get along [8D] And hugs to all and please dont push the donniker over !!!

That's the way I feel-it's okay to razz a little, heck, what would our jobs be if we couldn't give each other she-ite? I don't have a problem with that, and I think it's healthy.

It's the attacks. For instance, somebody passed away in the last year. I thought he was the king of the S.O.B.'s. That was my experience. Most of what was posted about him described him as the heir apparent to Jesus Christ. Posting my feelings would not have done anything but started controversy.

We get a proven crook (like convicted) or pedophile, that's another matter. This constant laying down of bad paper? Not good.

So yeah, can't we all get along?
bdgaf
Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:37:38 PM
when i hear sombody knocking somone i usauly begin to think less of the knocker then of the person being knocked alot of people have no idea what we do or what means to be a surviver in this busnuis that is s compelment
this what we do.
Prof. Lee Kolozsy
Thursday, July 15, 2010 7:32:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Discjo

Cant we all just get along [8D]

That Rodney King thing is one of my two favorite quotes...

The other is "Hey Rube"...
Prof.
Why stir it...
when you can fling it directly into the fan...

Benjibear
Friday, July 16, 2010 2:14:10 AM
There is a way to say something without knocking.

Get all your facts and be able to prove things before saying.

If you want to knock somebody, make sure you say that it is IMO (in my opinion) or just say "I believe ____".

Be ready to defend yourself if you are wrong. If you can't, just walk away and don't keep saying the same things over and over.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
DOGMAN
Friday, July 16, 2010 2:48:57 AM
Amen! I've worked for both ends of the spectrum, circus and carnival, and the expression Circus people stick together, Ha! A major name in the business even among its own family members can't speak nice of one another so people should try and get along.
The world is not easy and neither is life so a little peace,
brothers and sisters.
notamark
Friday, July 16, 2010 10:20:59 PM
I agree. Btw, IMO, Ed Gregory could be alive.
With it... For it....
Pizzagod
  •  Pizzagod
  • 63.84% (Friendly)
Saturday, July 17, 2010 2:49:36 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by notamark

I agree. Btw, IMO, Ed Gregory could be alive.

...and McDonald's food could be good for you.