crazy dance
Monday, July 5, 2010 5:39:30 AM
was just wondering, was at bath heritage days last night in maine, midway by smokeys greater shows, how does a show get away with running a mulligan wheel at night with no lights? this is not a temp issue have seen this show 3x this year was the case at all events, i would not ride this due to this reason, and people looking at the ride said same thing, not bashing the show but , man this guy is looooooosssing $$$$$$$$
Benjibear
Monday, July 5, 2010 5:44:11 AM
Was it a pre-slough or does it always run it that way?
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Soda Guy
Monday, July 5, 2010 5:46:08 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

pre-slough????? What, do you think they take the lights off the ride to move it?
crazy dance
Monday, July 5, 2010 5:50:53 AM
at all 3 events ran like this , l
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, July 5, 2010 7:32:19 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazy dance

was just wondering, was at bath heritage days last night in maine, midway by smokeys greater shows, how does a show get away with running a mulligan wheel at night with no lights? this is not a temp issue have seen this show 3x this year was the case at all events, i would not ride this due to this reason, and people looking at the ride said same thing, not bashing the show but , man this guy is looooooosssing $$$$$$$$

Here's a hint, lights are not required on any ride. Its not a safety requirement. Its flash plain and simple. To put your fears at ease, it may be a case of waiting for a part or wiring that can be done only when the ride is down and stripped.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, July 5, 2010 10:57:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

pre-slough????? What, do you think they take the lights off the ride to move it?

Conklins big Dutch wheel did. Lights were put on the day after the fair opened, and came off the day before the end.

Remember that Kenny?
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, July 5, 2010 11:11:53 AM
Thats my hometown we were never big on lights but the time the cannon went off and took out the glass at the Hood dairy plant there welll thats a different tale
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, July 5, 2010 11:52:48 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crazy dance

Talked to Bud, and he simply said they haven't quite figured out the root of the problem.
JustinJames
Monday, July 5, 2010 2:19:01 PM
Hire on and show them how to fix it... if you know how.
cny_chris
Monday, July 5, 2010 2:34:15 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

Best suggestion I've seen so far, lol.

Lighting on a wheel is not a safety issue. If it were, the ride would not be operating. Period.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, July 5, 2010 2:37:58 PM
Quote:

quote:

Actually I did about 9 years ago, that and all new speller and chaser for his starship and went through the bumper car lights also along with a lot of other repairs, that lasted a year and a half!

That's one of the reasons I called him.

Not his fault, but it was one of those things where the crew would break stuff faster than I could fix it!

I was suppose to see him a couple weeks ago when I went up there with the family, but time ran out and my in-laws money ran out, so I came back to KY by myself!

But again, that's another story!
alibiguyny
Monday, July 5, 2010 4:02:21 PM
lol thats just how it is on buds... i saw the sweeps swing all on one side on the starship causing it to fall over in yarmouth maine in 1999 he never even came out of the trailer his guys came to me and said jason what do we do. i said well if he doesnt care enuff to come out then hook a tow strap and pull it back over needless to say they did... i saw more shtuff tore up over there then any other show in my life...im sure some people on here remember when he got his 1001 and put it next to the pirate ship and told them to take turns... how do you think that worked out....
i dont smell em i just tell em......
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, July 5, 2010 4:07:53 PM
Did you leave soon after that?

Cause I was there about a year later.
alibiguyny
Monday, July 5, 2010 8:33:58 PM
i was there on and off for the next 5 years i played fryburg probaly 5 times once being for the birthday celabration that turned to be as good as the fair....
i dont smell em i just tell em......
JustinJames
Tuesday, July 6, 2010 1:22:45 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by GACC

Quote:

quote:

Actually I did about 9 years ago, that and all new speller and chaser for his starship and went through the bumper car lights also along with a lot of other repairs, that lasted a year and a half!

That's one of the reasons I called him.

Not his fault, but it was one of those things where the crew would break stuff faster than I could fix it!

I was suppose to see him a couple weeks ago when I went up there with the family, but time ran out and my in-laws money ran out, so I came back to KY by myself!

But again, that's another story!

I wasn't directing that at you but the original poster.