Soda Guy
  •  Soda Guy
  • 71.62% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:36:27 PM
I willl start carrying a camera with me on my trips. Right now the only picture I have burned into my memory is one from Burton Brothers show with IndianaTed riding the elephant ride. That and the schrill he made when the cars moved up and down. I might never be the same.

AND SOME PEOPLE WONDER HOW THE GOOD STORIES START. THE KEY FOR THIS STORY, TOTAL FABRICATION OF WHAT HAPPENED.

Actually Ted it was great talking with you and the Burtons today. If anyone ever needs a great spot to visit, this is one they should put on their list. The 4th of July in Brazil IN, the grounds are in a nice park, very nice show and a great midwestern town.
kadoty
Thursday, July 1, 2010 12:30:23 AM
OK Ted, sounds like a challenge. Let me know when you want to take that picture.
kadoty
IndianaTED
Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:00:13 AM
You guys are hilarious!

For those who don't know, this Elephant ride is like an AH Helicopter ride, which by the way, was my favorite ride as a little kid.

The ride that is on the midway that would make me scream like a little girl is the Power Surge. Something about being upside down 40 to 50 feet in the air with my feet dangling just doesn't sound natural to me. But it is a very cool and good looking ride, just not my idea of a good time.

I enjoyed the visit with Dan and Bradd (and his wife and dad) very much. I could have talked with them all afternoon, but Dan had work to do and I had to get back to work myself.

I will do a "trip report" (on Brazil) in its own topic.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Soda Guy
  •  Soda Guy
  • 71.62% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, July 2, 2010 7:48:36 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by kadoty

OK Ted, sounds like a challenge. Let me know when you want to take that picture.

kadoty I bet we could have made Matt's 2011 calendar with the picture of Ted [:D] [:D][}:)] [}:)]