Majestic Fan1982
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:19:37 PM
I have noticed that some carnival companies are making their ride operators wear a photo id attached to their shirts. How many shows are starting to do this and does everybody like this idea ?
cny_chris
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:21:59 PM
Strates Shows uses them. Midway Rides of Utica does, too. The Florida State Fair (independent midway) also uses them. I'm sure there's others, those are ones that come to mind at the moment.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:23:22 PM
ScorpionKing
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:13:27 PM
Almost every show uses photo id's now.They are relatively easy to make and its a good idea with the turnover in this business and all the new faces around. Also helps at bigger fairs and festivals for gate access. One thing i have noticed is almost every show has a different policy about where they are to be displayed. Where i am now they MUST be attached to your collar and they are to be worn at all times on the midway.
Pizzagod
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:21:59 AM
Bluegrass had photo id's (and expensive of course), United-ditto, Alamo has photo ID's and so does NAME (priced very reasonably).
For one dollar I'll guess your weight, your height, or your sex.
Benjibear
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 2:34:37 AM
I think it is a good idea.
Does anyone have distinguishing features between ones issued for show employees and people booked on?
Also, for people booked on or employees, do shows charge a deposit so they get it back or don't they care? I would think you want it back and for an employee you can hold their last pay but what about somebody booked on.
Probably as back ground checks are required, all shows will require them or maybe the law enforcing the background checks will require employees to have one.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
crny1234
  •  crny1234
  • 50.96% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:27:59 PM
just another ding!!!!!
"NOW MICHAEL," said the teacher to the agressive youngster," what do you think your classmates would think of you if you were always kind and polite?"
" they'd think they could beat me up!...

" GO YANKEES "
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:47:17 PM
you said that right and not a cheap one
johnroach100
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:29:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crny1234

just another ding!!!!!

The only show I was ever on that required them was Drago, and they never charged us for them. In fact our first spot they gave us shirts and told us to bring them back clean. We wound up working several spots with them over the years and they wouldn't let me pay for shirts or ID.
Soda Guy
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:48:30 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by johnroach100

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by crny1234

just another ding!!!!!

The only show I was ever on that required them was Drago, and they never charged us for them. In fact our first spot they gave us shirts and told us to bring them back clean. We wound up working several spots with them over the years and they wouldn't let me pay for shirts or ID.

What ever happened to Drago?
johnroach100
Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:24:28 PM
Quote:

quote:

What ever happened to Drago?

They sold out to Jon Luehrs. (SP?)
mommasbeverage barn
Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:19:26 AM
Well on fiesta shows we have I.D. Were given them on a laynard. Umm ride jocks get the first one free. Games and food have to pay I believe $60 for theres. But when they pay the 60 it also covers there corey background check to.
Slow you down...Turn you around...Send you back the other direction!!!
moonwalk
Friday, June 25, 2010 7:06:31 AM
terry and co uses id s too i think its a great idea
indianacarnie
Friday, June 25, 2010 8:20:49 PM
almost every show i've been on in the last 10 or 15 years has had show i,d.'s. some are reasonably priced and some are outrageous. i've got a whole collection of them. 4 already this year! as was mentioned ....just another ding. johnroach100, when were you on drago? i reallly liked that show and was totally bummed out when they sold it.paulie was a great boss.(i cant for the life of me remember his brothers name[:I]) it was one of the first non-state fair shows i was ever on and it spoiled me forever![:D] anyway.... back to the topic being discussed. i personally dont care for them (ding ding ding)and besides...... how many "robin marks" can there actually be in the world?[:D]
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Trucker090
Monday, June 28, 2010 1:52:32 AM
McGinnis amusements use them.. Very good idea...
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com