Majestic Fan1982
Sunday, June 6, 2010 1:07:08 PM
Today i got to visit Majestic Midways out at Brandywine Hospital in chester county Pa. Heres some of the rides that were their.

Sky diver

Ring of fire

Zipper (Booked in by russ amusements)

Wipeout (Booked in by russ amusements)

Super shot

Watkins swinger (booked in by russ amusements)

Welcome to Majestic Midways sign

Monkey Maze

Beebop

Jumping star

Carousel

Kite flyer

a few hampton combo's

among a few other rides.

The rest of the show is in wilmington delaware possibly booked in with russ amusements or inner shows.

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=176468537193 
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, June 8, 2010 10:02:47 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Majestic Fan1982

Today i got to visit Majestic Midways out at Brandywine Hospital in chester county Pa. Heres some of the rides that were their.

Sky diver

Ring of fire

Zipper (Booked in by russ amusements)

Wipeout (Booked in by russ amusements)

Super shot

Watkins swinger (booked in by russ amusements)

Welcome to Majestic Midways sign

Monkey Maze

Beebop

Jumping star

Carousel

Kite flyer

a few hampton combo's

among a few other rides.

Did they have a Berry Go Round there for the "Strawberry Festival"?[:D]

Quote:

quote:

The rest of the show is in wilmington delaware possibly booked in with russ amusements or inner shows.

As of Monday morning, the ride lineup at St. Anthony's Italian Festival in Wilmington, DE was...

Himalaya
Rainbow
Century Wheel
Scooters
Wipe Out
Super Sizzler
Zipper
Catch N' Air
Hustler
Cuckoo Haus
Pirate's Island
(The entrance gate is up at St. Anthony's, also)

On the Kiddie Land lot:

Monkey Mayhem
Rockin Tug
Up Up And Away
Zamperla Buzz Plane
Crazy Bus
Little Eli Wheel
Hampton
Rock Town

FYI: I'm working for Lynam's this week at St. John's Carnival in Wilmington, DE. Majestic Midway's Monkey Maze is booked in with Lynam's this week.

"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Majestic Fan1982
Tuesday, June 8, 2010 5:11:22 PM
I think you left out the Super shot. that got set up real early monday morning it came from brandywine hospital. The sky diver didnt get setup. But 9 biggies is usally the contract so the diver must stay down 😞

The welcome Majestic Midways sign made it to st anthonys as well and got setup. The rest of the ride lineup from what i heard is right on the money :)

Lol im sure if Majestic Midways still owned a berry go round it would of gotten setup for the strawberry festival. they havent owned a berry go round since the early 90's
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, June 11, 2010 12:19:41 PM
Quote:

quote:

I think you left out the Super shot. that got set up real early monday morning it came from brandywine hospital. The sky diver didnt get setup. But 9 biggies is usally the contract so the diver must stay down 😞

The welcome Majestic Midways sign made it to st anthonys as well and got setup. The rest of the ride lineup from what i heard is right on the money :)

You are correct, the Super Shot is there.
Don't know how I forgot that on my list [:I].
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Majestic Fan1982
Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:50:40 PM
Myself and my 12 year old brother went to this event tonight. 5 dollars to get into everything but it keeps the trouble away so its worth it.

The pizza line was a little weird that saint anthonys was running. we got a whole cheese pizza for 12 bucks. the guy gives u a ticket u got to go back the other way thru this big fenced maze just to pay for the pizza. the woman stamps your ticket then u got to go back the other way thru the fenced maze again to pick up your pizza. crazy lol.

The midway was nice. but some of them rides such as the zipper and himalaya are 5 ticket rides now which use to be 4 tickets. I dont do rides anymore so my little brother got to go on atleast 4 rides out of the 9 that was their. on 20 tickets. the family deal goes for 50 dollars for 56 tickets.

as alot of us are on tight budgets 20 tickets was enough for him. he was down to 2 tickets so the hustler ride was only going for 3 tickets thats a good deal lol. so i got an extra ticket which goes for $1.25.

I dont even think they do a wrist band night at saint anthonys and its an 8 day festival. I didnt see it on the website or in any delaware news paper. I know majestic does wrist bands but if they dont do it at this event thats crazy.

I love this show to death always loved their rides but i think they are getting greedy with their prices and family deals and 5 ticket rides which are usally 4 ticket rides.

S&S amusements and reithoffer shows are giving better deals then them. thats where im headed next lol.

Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, June 12, 2010 8:07:40 PM
Quote:

quote:

I love this show to death always loved their rides but i think they are getting greedy with their prices and family deals and 5 ticket rides which are usally 4 ticket rides.

S&S amusements and reithoffer shows are giving better deals then them. thats where im headed next lol.

Where we are this week it's 2 or 3 tickets to ride anything... Zipper too. And the tickets are only .75 each.

But next week it's back to 4 for the most of the majors.
A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Matt C.
Saturday, June 12, 2010 8:41:05 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Hoffa

Quote:

quote:

Where we are this week it's 2 or 3 tickets to ride anything... Zipper too. And the tickets are only .75 each.

But next week it's back to 4 for the most of the majors.

You getting 4 for the zipper most of the time? $3?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Hoffa
  •  Hoffa
  • 51.98% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:20:03 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

You getting 4 for the zipper most of the time? $3?

Yeah, $3 for Zipper as well as most of the majors. Only 3 or 4 are still $2.25.

Call me crazy but I still think of it as a family is only spending what they came with. The more you can give them for that money, the more likely they're leaving satisfied. You're getting them back... maybe even a couple of times the same week. And also, the longer they stay at the event that night, the busier it seems.

My Dad had a saying... Spending creates spending. People see a busy event and think it's better than an empty lot...

I keep referring to the world's largest retailer, Wal-mart. Their mottos... Low prices every day and we're rolling back prices.

A man's legacy isn't the business he leaves behind; it's the family he leaves behind.

Majestic Fan1982
Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:37:08 AM
Thats a good deal hoffa. Your prices are really good and i always liked how you do 2 family nights. and the mega passes to ride all week long. I think the reason some of the rides were 5 tickets is because some shows i noticed play with the total of tickets. If i head out to goshen country fair i might see the zipper back to 4 tickets. Thats how they do things.

I read an article some years ago on majestic midways and it was really hard to get them to do family nights. But they knew everybody pretty much does them so they had to get up with the times.

They only have had family night for about 4 years now. But i noticed some spots they have their family night for $22.00 and at other spots they have it for $20.00. sometimes you wonder what happens if somebody knows the sponser that is ran by majestic midways and they are on another majestic midway spot and see that family night is $20.00 but at the other spot its $22.00 if that info gets relayed back to the other sponser. they may question why is our family night 2 dollars more?

as you seen in my early spring forum post about ticket prices. alot of good replys and alot of not so good replys . alot of shows out their still have some good deals so i think over the next few years all shows will even out and the prices will be almost the same if not lower.

the shows that dont change may lose alot of spots. and it might go to a show that is giving better family prices.

for an example S&S amusements is giving away 2 family nights in a few weeks in Aston Pa and one family day and i believe its all under 20 dollar wrist bands. when i go to reithoffer shows in Kimberton Pa in late July they are also giving away cheap wrist bands.

and as always Jimmy houghton has been giving away every night low prices for many years now. Oscars amusements will be giving away $10.00 wrist bands sept 2nd thru 4th at Upper chichester community day fair but the wrist bands are $15.00 on sept 5th. because they know the crowds will be bigger so they will make more money on that day. but $15.00 is still a heck of a deal these days.

so as you can see their still is alot of shows out their where you can get really good deals and have a good time with the family and also save money.
Benjibear
Monday, June 14, 2010 1:55:31 AM
It always appears that Skelly's gives the best deals. I don't know how there operation works but it appears to work for them.

Sometimes I don't get Magestic. They probably have one of the nicest shows around but I don't think they ever stay of the lot. They live north west of York and travel to every lot. Many of their spots are in the Philly area which is about a 100 mile 2 hour trip. That just seams too far to travel every night. Everyday that is four hours of travel and at least 200 miles. Maybe this is why they need to get an extra ticket here and there and won't do wrist bands.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 14, 2010 12:07:48 PM
Quote:

quote:

Sunday evening, I finally made it over to see Majestic Midways at St. Anthony's Italian Festival in Wilmington (Wasn't able to make it over during the week due to working for Lynam's at the other big Wilmington spot).

Nothing from Russ or Inners Shows at the Italian Festival, however, the Super Sizzler was booked in by Taylor & Sons and the Hampton in kiddieland was Taylor & Sons.
Majestic Fan1982
Monday, June 14, 2010 2:05:47 PM
Thanks JW. I know nothing was booked in with russ or inners shows.

to be honest i didnt pay much attension to the super sizzler. It looked like Majestics to me but i guess not. I know they was trying to sell their super sizzler for 3 years now for $125,000

JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 14, 2010 5:48:23 PM
Quote:

quote:

Myself and my 12 year old brother went to this event tonight. 5 dollars to get into everything but it keeps the trouble away so its worth it.

Sure, It's worth it... for Saint Anthony's. I've been told that they make about $250,000 just from the admission gate. On the other hand, from everything I've been told, attendance is down since they started the paid gate (which affects spending on the midway, concessionaires/vendors revenue).

Majestic Fan: Is your brother in the age category that gets in the gate free ? (I don't recall what the ages are for free admission), If so, are those who are admitted free given some type type of wristband ? I'm just curious whether or not those admitted free are counted in the attendance figures. Although I was at the festival, I didn't even take notice whether or not kids had admission wristbands.

About Saint Anthony's attendance figures... For years, Saint Anthony's had been trumpeting that the attendance for the festival was approx. 300,000 (which I always thought was bogus, because thats about the attendance of the Delaware State Fair, which is a much larger event). They never had a gate or anyway to really track attendance. When they started the paid gate a couple years ago, all of a sudden, the attendance was around 100,000 (which Saint Anthony's blamed on heat, etc.). This year, in a newspaper article just prior to the start of the festival, Saint Anthony's was projecting this year's attendance to be around 75,000. I just wish there was a way to know the actual attendance figures of the festival. Although, I'm sure the festival really doesn't care what the actual figures are as long they end up with a substantial pile of money from gate admissions [:p].

Quote:

quote:

I dont even think they do a wrist band night at saint anthonys and its an 8 day festival. I didnt see it on the website or in any delaware news paper. I know majestic does wrist bands but if they dont do it at this event thats crazy.

I don't recall Saint anthony's ever having a POP.

What they have done for a number of years in the past was an "Early Bird Special" where all ries were reduced by one ticket Monday thru Thursday from 5:30 to 7:00. Unfortunately, I don't know if they still do that or not as when I go I usually go on a weekend and I haven't paid much attention to the ads for the festival in the past few years [:I].

The Italian festival isn't what it used to be.

Sure, they still have all the outdoor cafes/cabarets and the live bands and they still have the big "Procession Of Saints" that parades through the neighborhood streets (aka "Little Italy") on the last Sunday.

The Italian Festival used to always have some type of free attraction/act. I remember a high wire walk (I was told this year at the festival that the performer who performed that feat at the festival that year was Tino Wallenda Zoppe). Other free acts over the years: a sky wheel (I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it was called a "wheel of death"), a double sway pole act, a high dive act, and for a few years in a row, "The Lemoines" performed a motorcycle high wire act where they rode a motorcycle up a high wire stretched across the festival grounds, to the top of Saint Anthony's Church bell tower. They no longer have the free acts.

Saint Anthony's used to raffle off a car and had a $10,000. cash drawing, They no longer do that either.

JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 14, 2010 6:06:17 PM
Quote:

quote:

Thanks JW. I know nothing was booked in with russ or inners shows.

to be honest i didnt pay much attension to the super sizzler. It looked like Majestics to me but i guess not. I know they was trying to sell their super sizzler for 3 years now for $125,000

I also assumed it was still Majestic's Super Sizzler. I happened to stick around during tear down and when a dually showed up from Taylor & Sons, I asked Jake Inners and he told me Cliff Taylor owned the Super Sizzler and booked it and the Hampton in at Saint Anthony's. It's my understanding that Majestic Midways traded the Super Sizzler in when they bought the Himalaya and Taylor bought it (really nice Super Sizzler).