mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, June 5, 2010 7:21:00 PM
Folks:

Went over to Antioch, CA for the Contra Costa County Fair. Midway of Fun has provided the midway for quite a few years now.

Rides included:

Flying Bobs
Century Wheel
Falling Star
Starship 3000
Zipper
Dark ride
Funhouse
Diskotek
Flippin Out
Bumper Cars
Crazy Train
Tilt
Sizzler
Silver Streak
Kamakaze (Not running)
8-10 Kiddie Rides

The rides all looked nice with a decent layout. The layout stays the same for the most part each year. I clocked the bobs twice. First at 9 RPM and then at 8 RPM. This was with my watch. Seems a bit slow. Note however...this bobs came from another California show, Pacific Coast Shows, and it ran slower on their show also.

Wristbands were $20.00 with tickets .95 each or 20/18.00. Rides took 3-5 tickets.

Mike
mcarnyforlife
Sunday, June 6, 2010 6:55:56 PM
Harry Mason is not known for running the tightest ship in the fleet, looked what happened in Angel's camp last year. I would say more about him but that is not allowed on Matts.

violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
johnroach100
Sunday, June 6, 2010 7:37:35 PM
I gotta ask, they were actually charging $.95 for a single ticket? Did anybody pick up their nickel? I have a tiny little nothing operation and I get a buck a ticket and 12/$10 to avoid making change.
mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
Monday, June 7, 2010 2:50:07 PM
Yes.....95 each. I guess $1.00 is too expensive![:D]

Mike
mcarnyforlife
Monday, June 7, 2010 7:43:50 PM
Antioc is almost as bad stockton is when it comes to slums, the only difference is is Antioc is a bit more rural. Way too much dope, though, that is why Stockton and San Jose, AND Valejo are way down from there earlier glory days of 3 weekends of fair, and it is all about stupid a** dope fiends, hopefully, the pillars of the community will bring festivals back to were they are supposed to be, anyways,,,,,,,,,,,,, wow Contra Costa Co is one of worse spots ever for dope
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
Tuesday, June 8, 2010 6:16:52 PM
Althought I wasn't exactly "People watching" everyone there seemed to be fairly decent people. I don' recall seeming any low lifes.

Mike