Randy D.
  •  Randy D.
  • 52.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, October 26, 2003 12:26:59 PM
I have seen alot of pics of older Hurricanes, but yet to see what Reid exposition did with theirs in the 70's. They had a blue flashing strobe light at the top of the ride. Also, they had a beautiful paint scheme and all the bottom scenery had names and dates of big hurricanes. That blue flashing strobe would really catch your attention on the midway. When I look at pics of old hurricanes, it just looks like something is missing on top of the ride. I believe Bloomness All star shows acquired the Hurricane around the early 80s. Havent seen it since. Reid exposition also had a fireball back in those days. Only seen one pic of it since, and I think it was on a Deggler photo album. It was a unique looking octopus with scenery covering the arms.
swooper
Sunday, October 26, 2003 1:01:20 PM
A of A had like a pointed set of flashing lights on the top of theirs in the 70's. like cone shaped, it looked pretty good. i may have a photo somewhere.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 26, 2003 1:56:28 PM
Randy
Here is a pic, first on top left of an original fireball called the Screwball, 1949, made by a cousin of Hrubetz, Bushnell:

http://homepage.mac.com/...alkno/PhotoAlbum111.html 
UserPostedImage
Randy D.
  •  Randy D.
  • 52.04% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, October 26, 2003 4:31:53 PM
Pinetar, those are some great old pics!!!! Thanks alot for posting them! I just wish I had a pic of Reid expositions hurricane. I'm sure Butch remembers it also. They had a beautiful skywheel and paratrooper also. The paratrooper had a sign that light up with colored bulbs around it. I remember the real old paratroopers had a wood sign with a flood light on it. Also, does anyone remember a show from the 70's Spaulding shows????