boltz
  •  boltz
  • 52.24% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 5:00:06 PM
April 4) -- So you want to be a sword swallower? Well, chew on this: For all the babes you may get -- and you will get a lot, according to professional sword swallower Murrugun the Mystic -- the downside is that you are very unlikely to benefit from Barack Obama's new health care plan.

"I can't get health insurance," Murrugun admitted. "They consider what I do to be an 'act of suicide.' "

That is why it is not recommended that anyone try sword swallowing at home (or anywhere else).
Murrugun the Mystic

David Moye for AOL7 photos
Scott Nelson, 45, is better known as "Murrugun the Mystic," and he is set to debut his "rocket sword" stunt on April 10th at San Diego's Seaport Village Busker Festival.
(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)
http://xml.channel.aol.c...64620&uts=1270257004 
http://www.aolcdn.com/ke...edia_gallery_wrapper.swf 
Murrugun the Mystic
Scott Nelson, 45, is better known as "Murrugun the Mystic," and he is set to debut his "rocket sword" stunt on April 10th at San Diego's Seaport Village Busker Festival.
David Moye for AOL
David Moye for AOL

Still, if you can't be torn from your sword-swallowing dream, be prepared to put in the time to do it well. Murrugun says once he decided to bite the bullet and learn to swallow swords, he had to practice by sticking a 28-inch dowel down his throat before he got the guts to stick a real blade down to his guts.

"It took me about six weeks to two months to be able to handle a real sword," Murrugun said. "But I'm told I was a fast learner."

Part of what Murrugun had to learn was consistency. In order to make sure he's as safe as possible, it is imperative he do a series of steps to ensure his safety. Although it is not recommended anyone follow in his footsteps, here's how a sword swallower does the trick.

Step 1: Eat a healthy meal. Murrugun says a good meal at least 20 minutes before he swallows his sword weighs down the stomach and gives it extra room. Murrugun recommends healthy food, such as an acai bowl with granola and a banana. He doesn't recommend steak.

"I ate a steak dinner once before a show and when the sword was down and I bent over, everything I ate just slid back out," he said. "I didn't throw up, it just reversed its course."

Step 2: After eating, wait 20 minutes or so. During this time, Murrugun takes this time to wipe down his swords with Listerine. It must work. No one has accused his swords of bad breath. He also drinks some water to help lube up his esophagus.

Step 3: Drink some more water just before the swallowing. Murrugun prefers water as well, but says if he has to burp, he drinks a carbonated beverage beforehand to get the gas bubbles out of his system.

Step 4: Lick the sword with some saliva and get ready to "drop" (which is sword swallower's slang for putting the sword into the mouth).

Step 5: Put the sword about 3 inches in the mouth and make sure it is properly placed so that it will go into the esophagus without cutting any tissue.

Step 6: Then the swallower sticks the sword down to the stomach. Depending on the height of the sword swallower this might be only 20 inches or as much as 38 inches. Murrugun, who is 5 feet, 9 inches, usually sucks down a 28-inch blade.

Step 7: The sword swallower usually only keeps the sword down about 10 seconds, but it is not unusual to do it as long as 25 seconds.

Step 8: Many sword swallowers remove the blade by bending forward, but Murrugun says this is mostly stylistic, not essential. However, it is necessary in his case, as the highlight of his act is to shove a rocket-powered sword down his gullet.

Step 9: After the swallow, wipe off the blade and drink a glass of water to get that stomach acid aftertaste out of your mouth.

Rinse and repeat as needed.

Also: Murrugun the Mystic Unveils Rocket Sword Stunt
Filed under: Weird News, Entertainment

Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 7, 2010 5:06:37 PM
DOes this mean I have to reveal how to eat fire in a step by step oration?
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked