Cstephens
Sunday, October 26, 2003 11:48:47 AM
hey everybody, i saw pride of texas on saturday the 25th of october of this year, they were over by a cinema movie theater called tinseltown, they only visit corpus christi twice a year and they go to tinseltown when ever they visit corpus, i rode their kamikaze and a brand new ride, here's what was there:

zamperla power surge
chance zipper (new style)
fabbri kamikaze (painted red, orange, yellow and white)
chance pharaoh's fury
wisdom avalanche (first time i've seen it this year)
wisdom starship 2000
wisdom storm
wisdom blizzard (himalaya)
sellner tilt-a-whirl (painted green and purple)
expo wheel (brand new, but used by another show)
wisdom tornado
glass house
jumgle kingdom fun house (new in 2003) (has lion king scenery)
baby vinece (kiddie boat ride)
berry-go-round
sbf bumble bees
sbf truckin u.s.a
wisdom dragon wagon
space train
wisdom combo (like a hampton combo)
giant slide (super slide) (painted light pink)

the midway is extremely nice, well trained employies, clean midway,
clean rides, everything working, the operator of the avalnche was really something, he said several thing to the riders while the ride was going, he said, "PUT YOUR HANDS UP!!" "NOW SCREAM!!!" "allright"
(claps hands) he operated the ride first going clockwise, then counter clockwise and then clockwise again, he didn't even have a microphone, too cool, the avalanche had new skirting, brown and yellow vertical stripes, the expo wheel is brand new, the operator gave us a very long ride, they traded their eli eagle 16 wheel to who ever was the original owner of the expo wheel, the ride was very clean and it looked like it was rewired and retooled, very cool ride, looks like a great money maker, the pride of texas logo is on both sides of the wheel, it's like a chance century wheel only smaller and your seated facing the midway, so far it's the only expo wheel traveling in texas, but lowery's does visit texas eventhough they are from alabama, i can't wait to see pride of texas again, i'm still hoping to see these rides on their midway sometime in the future:

dartron cliff hanger
dartron zero gravity
k.m.g freak out
zamperla rockin tug

well, that's it, thanks
orphaned
Sunday, October 26, 2003 4:50:27 PM
Did ya get to see "Fast Eddie Burlingame" while you were out there? I visited them at that lot in the spring of 2001. I bet the wheel does look pretty good on his show...but honestly, the Expo Wheel doesn't compare to a Century Wheel.
JustinJames
Monday, October 27, 2003 12:10:09 PM
They have had some rides at a few down south/west spots I played with Wade. They always seem to look great too.[8D]