bucscott
  •  bucscott
  • 50.78% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, February 26, 2010 10:47:15 AM
We have put up our route for the 2010 season.
Check out our website, more dates to be added soon.
Feel free to join out facebook page, route is under the Events tab:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=192927114226&ref=mf
massachusettsman
Friday, February 26, 2010 11:15:34 AM
wow thats a nice looking show Best looking long range ive seen
Love the wheel and spider mania as well and its always nice to see a loop o plane on the midway
Majestic Fan1982
Friday, February 26, 2010 1:02:02 PM
They are all out of my travel zone. I remember S&S years ago and they still looked really good. They use to do a farmers market in downingtown Pa, and a Fire company carnival in Chichester Pa.
Benjibear
Friday, February 26, 2010 1:06:36 PM
Great! Thank you, I may have to try and make a stop this year.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
cny_chris
Friday, February 26, 2010 3:53:04 PM
Definitely worth visiting S&S. Steve is a real hands-on owner, and is pretty particular about how his equipment looks. Last time I saw them was when they still had Honesdale, PA. Nice looking show, well lit, and some nice equipment.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:17:06 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Majestic Fan1982

They are all out of my travel zone. I remember S&S years ago and they still looked really good. They use to do a farmers market in downingtown Pa, and a Fire company carnival in Chichester Pa.

Pottstown isn't too far from Delaware County. Is it ?

Ah yes, the Downingtown Farmers Market and Chichester, PA - Reliance Fire Co.. I've worked for S&S at both those spots. I think the Farmer's Market is a Home Depot or something now. Does the Fire Co. still have carnivals ?
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Majestic Fan1982
Saturday, February 27, 2010 1:32:57 PM
Im not sure what the farmers market became but i do know it got knocked down years ago probaly back in about 2000. No the fire company carnival at reliance has been gone for many years. why it is gone is unknown.
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:16:14 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Majestic Fan1982

No the fire company carnival at reliance has been gone for many years. why it is gone is unknown.

I never thought that was a very good location for a carnival (IMPO).... Hidden, down in that "gully" at the end of that long driveway (LOL). Good thing S&S had the Century Wheel. They used to spot that as close as they could to the entrance the carnival lot and they used to park the carousel truck up on the corner at the main road as a sort of billboard to tell people "Hey, there's a carnival down at the end of this driveway".

When they built that shopping center, the businesses hated it when cars for the carnival would park in their parking lot. If you wanted to go to the carnival, you used to have to park elsewhere and walk a distance to the carnival lot.
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
Majestic Fan1982
Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:23:14 PM
Yes i always thought to myself the same exact thing that it wasnt a very good location. Due to the fact 95 percent of the midway was wayy back down that drive way. actually even tho the century wheel was close to the road even at night time you couldnt even see the light display from it until you was right up on it and even during the day it was hard to see the century wheel. Its not like alot of carnivals which have good view as soon as your way down the road you can see that theres a carnival up the road a little.

Jimmy Houghtons church location in Chichester is right along the road so you can see it coming up the road. But his new Delco rotary fair location is really hidden. so they put a big lighted Bill board with an arrow pointing down the long parking lot. Delco Fair this way with an arrow lol. Other than that you cant see the midway not from the road atleast.