johnroach100
  •  johnroach100
  • 58.22% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:20:37 PM
Here's a shameless plug of my own for a book on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/GORI...439d62ed63#ht_500wt_1182 

I need to add, if you're interested pm me before you bid on ebay.
cny_chris
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 3:37:15 PM
I picked up a copy at the Trade Show on Saturday, looks like a very interesting read. Certainly some history in the book.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
gmonty3
Friday, February 19, 2010 1:42:27 PM
John,
Great to see that the book is back in print. Niki loaned me his copy and I read it back in the early 90's. I was not satisfied until I got a copy for myself. I was very lucky and picked up a copy from a used book dealer for only $30. The original out of print edition is on the Abe Books site for some out of this world price like $400. I first learned of this show around 1970 and I have kicked myself in the butt many times over for not going to see it.
Monty

johnroach100
  •  johnroach100
  • 58.22% (Neutral)
Friday, February 19, 2010 8:57:58 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gmonty3

John,
Great to see that the book is back in print. Niki loaned me his copy and I read it back in the early 90's. I was not satisfied until I got a copy for myself. I was very lucky and picked up a copy from a used book dealer for only $30. The original out of print edition is on the Abe Books site for some out of this world price like $400. I first learned of this show around 1970 and I have kicked myself in the butt many times over for not going to see it.

I was glad to learn there had been another batch printed too. The originals are out there but like you say the price is too high if you just want to read the book. This printing will never be profitable but hopefully it'll break even.

I'm surprised you got my uncle to let go of his copy even as a loan, he was pretty possessive you know. During his "final illness" as they say he let me copy some stuff but I had to scan it at his house. I don't know what happened to his pictures and letters but there was some history there.
ringmaster
Monday, February 22, 2010 12:48:44 PM
johnroach100
  •  johnroach100
  • 58.22% (Neutral)
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:49:16 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ringmaster

Got mine today. It's more than I expected, thanks.
Dave

I'm glad you were happy with it.

My son told me to white out the second printing stuff, sign Anna Mae's name, and sell them as first editions. I couldn't get the autograph to match, um, I mean, I told him that would be wrong.