BSA Mike
  •  BSA Mike
  • 59.16% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, February 14, 2010 1:11:57 PM
Who had the models down in gibtown, looked like a damn nice spread
cny_chris
Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:53:36 PM
I believe they were donated to the Museum by a gentleman in Michigan.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Ridee-O
Monday, February 15, 2010 2:31:43 AM
[:)]I beleive that is Ray Genter's display
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 15, 2010 5:05:16 PM
I believe you are correct Warren. I spent almost an hour looking at and photographing that layout. Many Renauld pieces, some fantastic models, just an absolutely amazing layout, the sheer amount of detail is incredible, right down to HO-scale dumpsters filled with trash. I'll post some photos within the next few days or so.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
carnie101
Monday, February 15, 2010 5:46:31 PM
You are correct that it is Ray Genter's model. And the club can thank Ivan Arnold for picking it up last Sept. just before the show moved south. It took 2 28 foot trailers to load the model & transport it with no extra space. I saw it loaded @ the show's winterquarters the night before the show headed out. At the time Ivan planned on leaving it in MI. for the winter. But he sent one of his drivers back to MI from FL to pick it up & take it to Gibtown. Ivan took his driver Randy & 2 of the ride crew to White Lake near Muskegon to pick it up & load it from Ray's basement. Ray has been searching for the past several years for a place to donate the model & he found it in Gibtown. I am glad that so many can now enjoy it; as it is a major undertaking of many years of dedicated work & commitment to create it in the first place. I am sure Ray appreciates the enjoyment it brought the many who could visit it during the Trade Show week.