boltz
  •  boltz
  • 52.24% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:58:09 PM
Im going to try to find the link and post it. On AOL's homepage they have a story about Ward Hall and his traveling sideshow. pretty neat to see it getting some big time press.
Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
boltz
  •  boltz
  • 52.24% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:03:53 PM
DanTheBooker
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:49:23 PM
This is a great article. Ward Hall is a true legend and an amazing showman!

Thank You for sharing![:)]
jackpot59102
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 3:53:10 PM
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 7:03:13 PM
Good article about a class showman. Last of a dying breed, possibly the best ever
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Jackpotter
Thursday, February 4, 2010 3:25:00 AM
And every time I stop by to visit him at a fair, he remembers who I am....and is very hospitable in every way. JohnC and I saw him in Columbus Ohio last year and he treated us like family or something.
gmonty3
Thursday, February 4, 2010 4:13:19 PM
Ken Burns, the guy who does all of the Documentaries needs to do one on Ward Hall. After Burns completed his recent one on WWII, I heard a commentator interview him. Burns made this statement, talking about WWII veterans, “Every time one of these guys dies, it’s like a library burning down.” Ward Hall must have enough knowledge, stories and jack-pots about outdoor show business to fill several libraries.
Monty

cny_chris
Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:34:38 AM
Several years back I shot video of the whole show out front and inside. There have been a number of documentary filmmakers that have filmed Ward, Chris and the show before. It seems to be something that attracts a lot of interest. Some folks chalk it up as hokey, but it's part of the history of the business... just like the Girl-to-Gorilla show. While modern technology has made it less shocking, it's still interesting to see from the nostalgic standpoint, and I think that's why it does so good on the road. Glad to see WoW back out for another season on the road. Best of luck to Ward, Chris, Poobah and the rest of the show.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Jackpotter
Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:54:54 AM
Chris is right, there have been a number of segments filmed on Ward Hall, but nothing ever as extensive as what a Ken Burns type piece would be. It would be interesting to find out if Ward Hall has any old video/film in his personal collection as I'm sure he has thousands of photos.

I've read his autobiography and while it's mostly just factual "we jumped from Point X to City Y in two days and had the show up and ready to go when I hired a new midget"....type stuff, it's still pretty interesting stuff.
JustJeff
Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:08:54 AM
http://rds.yahoo.com/_yl...240jf52s/EXP=1265561412/ **http%3a//www.sideshowworld.com/thstgod-ooowwh.html

This is a real good site IMO....It has many stories in Mr.Halls own words,and also many short videos of him telling various stories..It may have been posted before on here ,but I don't recall seeing it,and is worth a look by anyone interested in this fascinating man.....jeff