Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, January 30, 2010 1:14:16 PM
Saw on Usedrides.com that Ed Inners/Inners Shows has 2 Spectacular rides for sale; Hi-Roller and Music Express. Is he downsizing or just trying to sell a couple of pieces to make room for other pieces? Thanks.
Benjibear
Saturday, January 30, 2010 3:17:43 PM
Hmmm, they were two of his big rides. The drop tower is the only other big ride. In my opinion he had some other rides that he should be selling that were in worse condition. I will have to wait and see what is brought to PA.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:50:16 PM
changing his line around
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:39:11 AM
I agree with you Benjibear; looks like he would be trying to sell the merry mixer, hustler and or trabant instead of those more modern spectacular pieces?
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:25:53 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carnivalbuff

I agree with you Benjibear; looks like he would be trying to sell the merry mixer, hustler and or trabant instead of those more modern spectacular pieces?

maybe getting rid of payments....
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:17:08 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Carnivalbuff

maybe getting rid of payments....

I was gonna say eliminate payments, or take the money and buy something else.
JustinJames
Monday, February 1, 2010 9:05:49 AM
He's still operating... Ed's just changing his lineup a bit.
mjcarniegirl
Wednesday, February 3, 2010 9:09:10 PM
he still has the hustler? wow i can remember that ride from back in the 80's . does he still have the sidewinder? that was my favorite ride .I havn't seen ed's show in years . anyone know what his route will be for this year? if he is close enough to me i will have to make a trip and go visit .
Benjibear
Thursday, February 4, 2010 12:47:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mjcarniegirl

he still has the hustler? wow i can remember that ride from back in the 80's . does he still have the sidewinder? that was my favorite ride .I havn't seen ed's show in years . anyone know what his route will be for this year? if he is close enough to me i will have to make a trip and go visit .

Yes, I saw the Hustler last year when he was in Marrietta, PA. The Sidewinder, I don't think I saw that last year but the year.

Inners does an excellent job of posting his route on the web site. The route from 2009 is on there now. Hope he updates for this year:
http://www.innersshows.com 

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:19:23 AM
I don't know about the Hi-Roller, but the music express is usually a pretty good grossing ride. Looks like he would be getting rid of the trabant instead of the music express. Does Inners still have his Sky Diver? Now that would be a ride that I would think about getting rid of. That is not a very high grossing ride, is it? Plus it takes a lot of men and a lot of time to put up and take down.
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:26:07 AM
You guys seem to be missing the point here. A trabant or a Hustler is most likely paid for. They probably are dumping some debt off the back end. It doesn't matter if the Hi-roller grosses twice as as the Hustler when the bottom line is what really counts. Its about what we put in our pockets. At the end of th day, shows are out there to make money, not a photo shoot....

Don't Forget, Steel doesn't eat....[;)]
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:37:34 AM
I had thought about that 2ndgencarnie, but if a show wants to continue getting or keeping good spots, don't you need to have a lineup that produces large grosses, which in turn should gross large $$? Thanks.
Soda Guy
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, February 4, 2010 12:46:23 PM
The Roller is nothing special and the Express is a punk ride without a mic man.

Obviously he wants to cash in those pieces for other purchases or coin.
Replacing, does not have to be an option.
UserPostedImage