orphaned
  •  orphaned
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, October 20, 2003 11:01:51 AM
OK...maybe I'm an idiot...

But..I've tried a couple of times to open a webshots album to put my pics in...I've got thousands of photos.

I am having trouble opening an account and I dont have the patience to sit there and figure it out.

Can someone list some concise, step by step instructions here on how to do it?
Thanks
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, October 20, 2003 1:38:49 PM
I can't give you a step by step,but they DO have a free account and an expanded account,{that costs $$$},perhaps mr. hurley could be of assistance.
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Matthew
Monday, October 20, 2003 3:15:16 PM
Webshots is easy to use. Once you register you can download the "My Photos Assistant" to upload and organize your pictures.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, October 21, 2003 4:37:39 AM
Well, Wesbhots is easy to use once you have an account. First, go to Webshots   and click on SIGN UP (in the upper right corner), then you can choose a user name and a password. Here is where you choose between a free account (240 photos allowed in 10 albums of 24 each) or a pay account (3000 photos in 50 albums of 60 each). After you have done this, on the Webshots home page it will say My Photos, and you click on that and it opens up your account, and then choose Create an Album, and then you choose a title for your album, a description if you like, whether you want it public or private, then the category from a list on the right, then you can start uploading photos by choosing browse and the the source of the photos, pick your photo, then click upload. It will upload the photo and then ask for an optional title and caption, then click done and your photo is uploaded!

After you have chosen your username and password they will tell you that you need to download the free Webshots software in order to add photos to your desktop, but you only need to do this if you want Webshots as your screensaver and/or photos for your desktop background. But it is nice to have as a screen saver, and with the free account you can download 5 photos per day for it and with the pay account you can download UNLIMITED photos per day.

You can also download (for free) My Photos Assistant, which will allow you to upload a few photos all at once. I never use it, I just do mine one at a time because I add titles and captions to each photo I upload. I hope this helps! [:)]

EDIT--I JUST SET UP ANOTHER FREE ACCOUNT, AND I DID AS I EXPLAINED ABOVE AND IT WAS EASY. So, Bryan, you should have no problem! [;)]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain