specialk
  •  specialk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:49:32 AM
Certain things are perfectly acceptable being handled over the phone or via computer or fax but in this age of technology have we lost some respect for the person that we are dealing with on the other end? I ask because in our business it's not crazy to still see things get done with a conversation and a handshake. From the people I spend most of my time with I thought it wasn't out of the ordinary to give someone the courtesy of a face to face when there is something of importance to discuss even if it is a major inconvenience and you have to spend a full day driving to get it done. I can understand (especially in this industry) when it just isn't possible to have a meeting but isn't still an appropriate thing to call and say "hey I need to talk to you about this situation......" and give the other person the option of a "sit down" or a "let's just get this done now"? Is it just our industry that seems to have lost this showmenship quality or society as a whole?
Bowler Roller
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:51:26 AM
I've always hated to do any business over the phone. I'd rather look a person in the eye when I make a deal with them.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Discjo
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:54:58 AM
I agree -- If I have to attend one more Webnar or Gotomeeting.com I will scream -These were designed for people in power who have an over inflated sense of their self worth- These are the work of the Devil.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:17:19 AM
Are you referring to a conversation with showman or fairboards?
UserPostedImage
specialk
  •  specialk
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:41:09 AM
Well I think you should almost always see your fairboard face to face if it is something of importance but I was just asking in general. In the last few weeks a few things have happened that just struck my curiousity.