shopdude
Sunday, January 3, 2010 9:55:36 AM
peewees still comes to perry,ga. an to pensacola still good!
R.J.
rockin ron
Sunday, January 3, 2010 10:05:33 AM
Jimmy McKnights wife Evelyn always ran a great cookhouse.Flash always had something affordable in a bowl,like chili or this rice,beef,and cheese concoction he called "stuff" that was great.His brother Nick and Cricket did a nice job,to.Anybody else remember Murray and Maureens?All those were good,but the best cookshack operation I ever ate out of was Earls.Don't remember his last name but he and his family ran it together and they were from North Carolina.They were on Larrys Amusements, late 70s.Guess you shouldn't leave out the McBride family either.P.S. Tony I am glad you liked the barbecue.
Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 3, 2010 10:19:01 AM
Anybody that worked New England remember George Saucier? I use to eat at his cookhouse and he had homemade blueberry muffins in the morning.
Also while we were in Phoenix at the state fair there was a Orientel guy had a cookhouse on the midway and it was good.
But while I was on the World Of Mirth Shows we had a big tent cookhouse out back and I think the guy that ran it was George Rhinehart and If I remember right it was a good cookhouse and one day George had a heart attack I think and they found him in the Portajohn dead
Herb
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 3, 2010 10:33:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Grbjnt

Anybody that worked New England remember George Saucier? I use to eat at his cookhouse and he had homemade blueberry muffins in the morning.

We were up there w/Bud for a couple seasons, I believe its George Sauciers daughter(Tish), had a good operation with Bud at some of his fairs. The best was Fryeburg!
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:22:56 AM
glad to here peewee is still around... good man,. spent some time in his WQ when I had no place to stay... he was a good man on the road also, he used the notebook system.. pay on draw or pay at pay day... he made sure you got something to keep you going...

thanks everyone... turns out there is some good chatter here about food for a change..
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by shopdude

it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:30:49 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by back40

glad to here peewee is still around... good man,. spent some time in his WQ when I had no place to stay... he was a good man on the road also, he used the notebook system.. pay on draw or pay at pay day... he made sure you got something to keep you going...

thanks everyone... turns out there is some good chatter here about food for a change..
Quote:

quote:

Does he still do the functions at the club?
Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:32:02 AM
George and his wife Tish had a food operation up there and then the lot man Gordon Wheeler took over cookhouse.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by GACC

Quote:

quote:

We were up there w/Bud for a couple seasons, I believe its his daughter, had a good operation with Bud at some of his fairs. The best was Fryeburg!

Herb
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:36:18 AM
Quote:

quote:

George and his wife Tish had a food operation up there and then the lot man Gordon Wheeler took over cookhouse.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

We were up there w/Bud for a couple seasons, I believe its his daughter, had a good operation with Bud at some of his fairs. The best was Fryeburg!

Gordan is Buds lot man?
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:36:42 AM
he use to I don;t know about these days shopdude may be better to answer that or lotman... I don;t live close enough to the club to go anymore.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by back40

Quote:

quote:

Does he still do the functions at the club?

it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:44:45 AM
"while we were in Phoenix at the state fair there was a Orientel guy had a cookhouse on the midway and it was good"

- I believe that would be Rik's - I remember him from Del Mar back in late 80's - early 90's. (first cookhouse I really ever patronized).
Is he still cooking?
AGS
  •  AGS
  • 55.38% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, January 3, 2010 11:50:08 AM
I remember George Saucier's Cookhouse when he played up at Skowhegan, Maine in the mid-1980's. Reithoffer(spelling?)Shows was there then. His cookhouse was right next to the tunnel entrance. And then again on Uptown Festivals in the 1990's. He had some great Breakfast meals and Huge Blueberry muffins.
circusguy
Sunday, January 3, 2010 12:30:50 PM
How about Sheik&Rose Hennesey ? Also, Al Dorso on Cetlin & Wilson, with PeeWee Hoffman's wife on the cash register.
bdcbbq
Sunday, January 3, 2010 1:03:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

jimmy gazella always did a pretty good dinner and breakfast for the show!!!,,he was with crown amus for a long time and did alot of other things too!!!RIP jimmy!!!!

I only had the pleasure when Jim played Allegan but I do agree. I always liked him.
Bruce
Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, January 3, 2010 3:12:11 PM
Gordan is Buds lot man?
Gordan Wheeler died a long time ago
Herb
Gary C
Sunday, January 3, 2010 6:55:40 PM
Rik's is no longer. That was a great cookhouse though. Chili & Rice got me through many bad days, and cheap too. Just about everything had rice with it. He was in Del Mar, Phoenix, and most big spots around the West. If I find a picture, I'll post it.
Gary C.