Scott
  •  Scott
  • 86.98% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, December 18, 2009 6:37:18 PM
With us being in a season of giving and good will, I thought I would ask if any of you know of a show person or person who has done something good for anyone either in or out of the business.

I know of a show family that went to a theater performance and at intermission found the 2 girls in the concession stand over whelmed sp? from the crowd.

Of couse they jumped in and helped to break the line, allowed them to take the money, and did the "work".

I know of others who have "helped" others out... so, lets hear your stories and give them some props!

The people above were Mathis-Noerpers of Archway Amusements!
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, December 19, 2009 11:11:17 PM
Tonight my girlfriend and I went to get some KFC in the blizzard and some guy ran up to my truck because he had car problems and needed a taxi to get home and I gave him $10 and said don't worry about it. I kinda feel good about that 🙂 The guy worked for the church around the corner and said he would leave the money there in the morning but I think I will do him the favor.
BSA Mike
Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:00:23 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by FNO Sean

Tonight my girlfriend and I went to get some KFC in the blizzard and some guy ran up to my truck because he had car problems and needed a taxi to get home and I gave him $10 and said don't worry about it. I kinda feel good about that 🙂 The guy worked for the church around the corner and said he would leave the money there in the morning but I think I will do him the favor.

Lol they always work for the church or school or whatever. but i believe the guy was stuck tonight.

Larry White
Sunday, December 20, 2009 1:41:03 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by FNO Sean

Lol they always work for the church or school or whatever. but i believe the guy was stuck tonight.

Sounds Like A Typical "Panhandler" To Me , Harry !!!

Everybody's Got Their Scam For The Holidays......After All We Are In A Recession These Days.....[xx(]
Thumbs Up, Harry !
Hula_Honey
Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:38:18 AM
bringing a case of bears makes the day at nursing homes & senior centers
JustJeff
Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:42:58 AM
Scott,Your story is a great one..I really liked it..At first I didn't realise you were looking for any help-out stories,I thought you meant Biz related.But after reading it the second time I see you said "either in or out of the business..

That being said.I can truthfully say that I try to do whatever I can at any time for about anyone..There are exceptions of cousre,but as a rule.If I can help someone -I do.

This may sound like I am bragging,but the truth is that I am such a believer in Karma...I feel that what goes around,comes around.And it seems to work..It seems like when I am having a rough period,Something good happens and I pull myself out..Sometimes with the help of others,sometimes not..I would like to think that it is because of my soft spot for other people that this happens..maybe I am naive,but that is O.K. also..I would rather err on the side of decency.

I also notice that those who live life screwing others seem to get what is coming to them eventually.Again there are exceptions to this .

Good topic....jeff
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 86.98% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:57:44 AM
Thanks to all who posted.

Sad to see so many read the topic, but didn't have anything to contribute. Makes me wonder... [?]

As for the panhandlers, even if I think the guy is looking for shot of hootch, or a rock, I still try to give a buck... I think the "blessing" or good feeling is still the same, what the guy does with the buck is up to him.

Hula, Sean,Jeff glad to hear your stories, it will come back to you.
Hula_Honey
Sunday, December 20, 2009 8:58:07 AM
agree w/ ya 100% jeff. my little sister has heard me talk about karmah so much she named her little girl karmah! anyway it can't hurt to try to help people out. most of us out here have given someone down on their luck a shot, one of the best help i ever had was on the side of the road. By the end of the season he bought a dually from me, had a dog, a girlfriend, cigarettes & a full belly.
JustJeff
Sunday, December 20, 2009 12:10:49 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Thanks to all who posted.

Sad to see so many read the topic, but didn't have anything to contribute. Makes me wonder... [?]

As for the panhandlers, even if I think the guy is looking for shot of hootch, or a rock, I still try to give a buck... I think the "blessing" or good feeling is still the same, what the guy does with the buck is up to him.

Hula, Sean,Jeff glad to hear your stories, it will come back to you.

Thanks---I have been told that I am generous to a fault when it comes to the Bums..I almost always give change,or a buck,even when I am tight which is often lately.

A biz version of help,with us on the receiving end,and I may have told this before--If so my apologies for the repeat..We had left New York early one year as we were flush and close to Pennslyvania,so we decided to head to Florida for the winter...The year before we stayed late into the season and barely had enough money to make it to Florida ,so we did not want to repeat that mistake..

About 2 or 3 weeks in Fl,things were going crappy,we went through most of our money anyway,so we decided to go back out for a couple months on a southern route...We headed to Douglas, Georgia,where my old ladys boss was supposed to be..We get there on fumes--No Show there--We slept in our car for two days before we finally found out where Wayne (My exs-Boss)was-- Kingstree S.C..

By now we are slap broke.So we locked everything up in our car,parked outside a hospital (thinking that was best cause there was always cars there) and started hitchhiking..We figured we would get there,and I could come back for the car at a later time..

It didn't take long to get a ride back then(especially with a good looking women with me) and next thing we are riding with a guy in a hospital delivery van..After some small talk he asked why we were hitching and we told him it was simply gas money..He said "Is That all"? did a turnaround ,took us back to our car and filled the car,plus a 5 gallon can we had..He had a company credit card as I recall...

When I asked him for his address so I could repay him,he asked if we believed in God..We said Oh Yeah,and he said that was good enough...

We made it into Kingstree, again on fumes,and were both working that night,which was the beginning of a very interesting Fall,which is a whole other story............jeff

Skywheelrider
Monday, December 21, 2009 1:01:49 AM
Always nice to hear about something postive regarding the business and the folks in it.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
chief
Monday, December 21, 2009 11:46:43 AM
i tipped a stripper an extra saw buck because she had a *eye, thought she could use the money to strainght it out(since she straighten out something of mine). does that count as goodwill??????
Chief
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, December 21, 2009 12:45:17 PM
I donate to Charity....She's this ***** over on Dixie Hwy...j/k

I also tossed a empty can out infront of the guy picking up cans on side of the road on the way over....so that's two good deads[;)]

If Seans guy is'nt legit...He sure knows where to hang to get people with money....no 99 cent menu at KFC. Everytime I go it's atleast a Dub....
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, December 21, 2009 1:11:07 PM
we donate to a few defferent groups all year, my favorate is ST JOSEPH'S INDIAN SCHOOL, it's a very good cause and the money goes to the lakota children's school NO MIDDLE MAN SUCKING UP THE MONEY LIKE A LOT OF OTHER CHARITIES.

anybody that donates to charities should google them , they need the money and it doesn't have to be alot money [^]
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
shopdude
Monday, December 21, 2009 1:32:23 PM
i give gifts to the kids down by the local bar, an when we have dinner out i always give the waitress or waiter a nice tip an say merry xmas it always gives them a smile an makes me happy
R.J.
Idahocarnivalman
Monday, December 21, 2009 2:02:50 PM
I had young man come up to me at a gas station here in town once and ask for 10 bucks for gas. He was headed to boise from Poky i gave him 20 and told him don't worry about the change keep it get something to eat also.[:)]

Follow me on facebook. www.facebook.com/Nascarracefan1888 
You being stupid and lazy doesn't mean I should do your work.