John240
  •  John240
  • 54.9% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:06:23 AM
Hey everybody;

Here are photos of Butler Amusements and Helm & Sons Amusements at this year's California State Fair:

http://www.flickr.com/ph.../sets/72157622122663789/ 

Enjoy!

Hey Murraykook, great to talk with you out there!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:48:18 AM
WOW, a State Fair with no Super Himalaya. Can you tell us which major rides were the most popular?
UserPostedImage
mcarnyforlife
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 6:48:46 AM
too bad they didn,t have both of their giant wheels there, that would of been pretty cool, though it still wouldn't have topped tommies le grande wheel i seen there a few years ago
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:28:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mcarnyforlife

too bad they didn,t have both of their giant wheels there, that would of been pretty cool, though it still wouldn't have topped tommies le grande wheel i seen there a few years ago

Tommie's Le Grande Wheel? You mean RCS's.

John, great photos as usual. Thanks. That sure looks like a midway that would have been great to see in person.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:13:21 PM
Great looking midway..........very sharp.............
mikecroaro
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:33:39 PM
Hi John:

Thanks for the nice pictures.

Mike
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:52:30 PM
A falling star! What a great ride.
RodB
murraykook
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 5:01:16 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by John240

Hey everybody;

Here are photos of Butler Amusements and Helm & Sons Amusements at this year's California State Fair:

http://www.flickr.com/ph.../sets/72157622122663789/ 

Enjoy!

Hey Murraykook, great to talk with you out there!

thanks john great pics
mcarnyforlife
Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:15:15 AM
interesting, the sign on the front of the wave swinger said it was once owned by michael jackson, and kiddieland was called neverland, yikes, however, very good pictures, though, thanks
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:59:16 AM
I think Michael Jackson owned a Wave Swinger? Doesn't surprise me they called it Neverland, since Butler bought a lot of his equipment from the auction.
mikecroaro
Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:06:21 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by chuck

I think Michael Jackson owned a Wave Swinger? Doesn't surprise me they called it Neverland, since Butler bought a lot of his equipment from the auction.

I asked this before and received negative confirmation.....but I want to ask again. Isn't the history of the Helm & Son's Wave Swinger:

Larry Davis > Micheal Jackson > Helm & Sons

On a side note...that is not the canvas top that was used at the Sonoma County Fair. At that fair which took place a few weeks earlier, the ride had a green & beige top that matched the ride much better.

Mike
murraykook
Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:34:04 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mikecroaro

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by chuck

I asked this before and received negative confirmation.....but I want to ask again. Isn't the history of the Helm & Son's Wave Swinger:

Larry Davis > Micheal Jackson > Helm & Sons

On a side note...that is not the canvas top that was used at the Sonoma County Fair. At that fair which took place a few weeks earlier, the ride had a green & beige top that matched the ride much better.

Mike

top is butlers colers
mcarnyforlife
Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:35:16 PM
good shots, much more prefer them with a crowd, though, pics remind me of pleasanton
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, November 23, 2009 4:30:58 AM
Mike - I believe you are correct about the Wave Swinger ownership but I think Helms may own two of them, not sure which one was at Sac.
mikecroaro
Monday, November 23, 2009 3:23:20 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

Mike - I believe you are correct about the Wave Swinger ownership but I think Helms may own two of them, not sure which one was at Sac.

Two (2) Wave Swingers![:0]