skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, November 5, 2009 4:21:00 AM
Dave Cota wanted me to tell you all this on the message board that he's doing even better now days. He has no more back trouble, like the last time i saw him in '03 or '04. It had been a while since i last saw him, so it was good to see him at the Lillington, NC Fair. He had his organ there and in perfect sounding shape! Although, a pipe was trying to stick, and he said he's gotta get that fixed soon. Playworld had some of their rides there. It gave the feeling of the old time County Fairs of the 70's & 80's. No Freak Out or Fire Ball was there though. The rides that were there were : Roll-o-Plane, Sizzler, Super Shot Drop Tower, Musical Chairs(Swinger), Tempest, Spinner, Scooter(Bumper Cars), & the Super Slide. Dave Cota made the sign on that Super Slide from what he was telling me. He did a fantastic job on it too!

Dave was telling me that used to be Strates Shows' Super Slide. And when they bought it from Strates, they had to do alot of work on it to get it in the condition it is in now. As the ride's pieces were bent up & had to be bent back to working condition. Ronny's Roll-o-Plane was there! It was VERY nice! His Roll-o-Plane has the cars on it from like they used to be on all Roll-o-Planes, the open-cab-feel to it. The cages on it were the ones you can see ALL the way around you, up through the top, everywhere, to get a good thrill! I know on some of the new Zipper tubs on the Zipper now days, where Chance made those designs on the sides of the Zipper cages. Those i do not like, you can't see diddly out the sides of them. I prefer the classic Zipper tub, where you can see from the sides & front of you, giving more of a thrill.

Dave Cota still has his model park. No one bought it, and he still has all of his Don Cummons models, and Tim Eaton Sky Diver. I always did like the detail on Tim's Sky Diver, just amazing! He still lives in Sanford, and from what he was telling me, he said, Ben, that Sanford Fair is quite the Fair now days. I asked, was it like it was when me and you were there back the last time i saw you? He said, No way, it's Grown! So next year, i'm going to have to go to it to see what he's talking about. Later you guys & gals

~Ben