Soda Guy
  •  Soda Guy
  • 71.62% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, October 23, 2009 10:09:11 AM
Do most people carry their own ice machines? We always did. And are you using air or water cooled? I just finished up installing a wter cooled ice machine for a customer and they are thrilled with the one I installed in another trailer for them last year. They had always used air cooled in their trailers and really noticed how much easier it was on the AC using the water cooled unit. Just trying to find out what others are using.

Thanks

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, October 23, 2009 10:41:23 AM
sausageseller
Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:54:58 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Water cooled.

Not unless you got a drain nearby.
300gal a day is hard to get rid of.
sausageseller
Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:03:25 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Do most people carry their own ice machines? We always did. And are you using air or water cooled? I just finished up installing a wter cooled ice machine for a customer and they are thrilled with the one I installed in another trailer for them last year. They had always used air cooled in their trailers and really noticed how much easier it was on the AC using the water cooled unit. Just trying to find out what others are using.

Thanks

Seems the new trailers are using the air cooled pellet machines on the roof.
I know several out there that are real happy with them.
I have air cooled in the stock trucks.
Manitowoc half dice for me, very little runoff.
Had Scotsman water cooled , pillow ice. With no drains nearby a total pain in the butt.
Half dice seem to work better than the pillow for bagging and putting in a merchandiser.
I know guys that swear by the Hoshizaki. They say you never have to "tend" them and they run forever.
Soda Guy
  •  Soda Guy
  • 71.62% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:47:32 PM
The only thing I have against air cooled roof condensers is that the condensers don't get cleaned often enough. That and if you are luck enough to be in a park near trees any roof top condenser is a magnet for sap.

As for the Hoshi, ever since they fixed their wter valve issue they are a great running machine.

I have had people ask what is the best type of cleaner for condensers and the one product that I have found to work the best is made by ZEP. Use their coil cleaning foam. I don't sell this stuff nor do I have stock in this company. It is just a great product. I have friends that fix semi's and I turned them on to this product 6 years ago and they now buy it by the case. It will remove dog hair, dirt even if you use air to blow a condenser "clean" this stuff will actually bring more dirt out.

I hope some of this info helps.