Erik9976
  •  Erik9976
  • 66.06% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:19:35 AM
Are there new websites on the horizon. I know JZrider was working on a few.
Matt C.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 8:01:05 AM
We're working on a few new sites for:

Miller Spectacular Shows
Bayside West Catering
Keith's Restaurant & Concession Equipment
Murphy Brothers Exposition
Wood Entertainment (rebuild- should be done soon)
Three others that are not industry related..
Adding e-commerce sector to PeekABooToys.com

Some recent completions:

Deggeller Attractions - www.deggeller.com  (still adding some things here and there)
CarnivalCoupon.com - www.carnivalcoupon.com  (a Reithoffer site)
IISA (Gibtown) - www.gibtownshowmensclub.com 
Peek-A-Boo Toys - www.peekabootoys.com 

Also have a few more deals in the works that have not been approved. I'll keep everyone posted.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Benjibear
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:10:13 AM
Every show should have a web site. I hope more shows start coming into the 21st century.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
BSA Mike
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:17:49 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

Every show should have a web site. I hope more shows start coming into the 21st century.

I agree, the internet is a great way to advertise. we get emails from people requesting more info about our show nearly every day. we also get alot of the patrons who visit our website.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:20:12 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BSA Mike

Quote:

quote:

I agree, the internet is a great way to advertise. we get emails from people requesting more info about our show nearly every day. we also get alot of the patrons who visit our website.

100% in agreement. I got a lot of folks this year that came to the office to ask about booking the show, many said "we saw your website...." And it works for patrons and those wanting to know more about the show, the route, contacts, etc., I just tell them the website address, much easier and they are happy, too.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
bucscott
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:23:12 AM
We will be updating ours as we start booking for next season. Just put up a pic of the refurbed smaller MGR out on the road at the end of the season.
Benjibear
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:38:58 AM
There are so many shows around here that don't have web sites. Also, I thing every show's web site should have route information. I think some shows don't want the hassle of updating every year and/or are afraid the competition will know where they are that week.

Soda Guy
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:41:03 PM
Yea there are times that I wish route info was available but then I think does every business that has a website list all of its customers? NO Then why should a carnival company. I mean having a website yes but to list route would just be a personal thing.
Jzrider0720
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:44:39 PM
recent sites by Zutter Design:
Gillette Shows: www.gilletteshows.biz 
Wheelock Rides: www.wheelockrides.com 

future site:
Notre Dame Jr./Sr. High School
New York State Show Peoples (nyssa)
midway rides of utica (updates)
hawkins amusements (updates includeing online pre sale)

i got alot of updates coming up. to fix some issues with display on different monitors.

i will be in Rochester in January for the NYSAAF Conevention with a booth. if your gonna be there stop by and say hi.
Benjibear
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:32:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Yea there are times that I wish route info was available but then I think does every business that has a website list all of its customers? NO Then why should a carnival company. I mean having a website yes but to list route would just be a personal thing.

Many companies list their locations so you can patronize them. Go to the sites of Wal-Mart, K-Mart, McDonalds, Pep Boys, etc. etc. and you can find their locations. They don't list they are leasing the store from ABC Properties. How is that different then a carnival? All the carnival need to do is list the location. They don't need to say who they are playing for.

This also helps future committees decide which carnivals they may try to hire. If they see a show only plays weetern PA towns, a chirch in Philadelphia won't contact them as they know they don't play around there.
Soda Guy
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:07:03 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Many companies list their locations so you can patronize them. Go to the sites of Wal-Mart, K-Mart, McDonalds, Pep Boys, etc. etc. and you can find their locations. They don't list they are leasing the store from ABC Properties. How is that different then a carnival? All the carnival need to do is list the location. They don't need to say who they are playing for.

This also helps future committees decide which carnivals they may try to hire. If they see a show only plays weetern PA towns, a chirch in Philadelphia won't contact them as they know they don't play around there.

I understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think you get the competitive nature of this business for shows of the same size and geographical area. Also another reason and it is a two sided sword is that help can then jump around a little easier. I remember years ago some shows outlawed the AB on site because the help would find a show close and head that direction. The other side is if help is looking for work they just can't show up at a location.

As for your McD reference McCopCo owns all the ground and the buildings on their property. McCopCo is McDonalds Corporation real estate division.
Matt C.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 2:22:53 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

It really depends on what direction you want to go with your web site: Consumer based, business to business based, or a combination of both.

A lot of the shows that I have developed sites for do list their locations and tailor their sites to both businesses and consumers. Some of the smaller shows cater only to businesses for booking purposes. A lot do not list their route because they dont want their competition to follow them around.

Some of the sites that I develop come with a admin console for the shows to update their route simply by filling out a form similar to posting on this forum. This makes it easy on the show to update their route if and when it changes at any moment. Same applies to posting coupons, specials, etc.

Everything we develop is focused on ease for the client and the people visiting the site.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
Benjibear
Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:39:54 AM
I understand Matt that you have to do what the client asks. I have to do the same thing even if I don't agree with them. The sites you do are good and I compliment those shows for taking the inititive with at least having a web site.

As far as the competitive nature, I don't buy that they are keeping their spots from their competition. How many of you know the spots that you competition plays? Word gets around. Many of us discuss many companies and spots here openly. Workers talk. Concessions talk. Suppliers talk. Ride inspectors talk. The show that used to play that spot talks. You can search online. You can find out the compition spots, maybe not as easy as looking on their web site, but you can find out.

As far as help, if they are good workers, take care of them, and hope they stay. If they want to leave, they are going to leave.

JustJeff
Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:46:09 AM
Soda Guy made a statement about keeping ABs hidden from the ride guys back in the day..That is a very true statement...My old lady uesd to work joints and we would get together with her boss alot after hours and he would let me look through his ABs..I would be looking for spots in the fall to work our way south.

He would always say to keep it quiet,cause if the owners found out he would catch some flack for that very reason (ride guys jumping ship)..

Of course it is a whole new age nowadays and even the simplist of minds can click a mouse and find out locations...Of course getting a bus ticket mailed to you In Care Of your boss may still be difficult...LOL[:D][:D].........jeff
Erik9976
  •  Erik9976
  • 66.06% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:32:26 AM
I thought J and J Amusements was supposed to be getting a website.