BigGuyNC1
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:16:35 PM
Went by fairgrounds this morning saw on lot:
From Wade:
Pinfari Coaster
Flume
Drag Strip
Others:
a few plants and a few racked rides, could not get close enough to see what they were.
will try to post pics soon.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality-Ayn Rand
Thrillseeker
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 4:08:34 PM
2010 NC State Fair already? Wow.. I wonder what happened to the '09 fair...
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
SideWinder
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:29:51 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Thrillseeker

2010 NC State Fair already? Wow.. I wonder what happened to the '09 fair...

'09 Fair got cancelled....[;)][;)]
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:49:52 PM
They are just sending it in early so they can make set-up.[:D][:D][:D]
Erik9976
Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:47:25 PM
Does Wade send the Hit in 2000 to Raleigh too?
SideWinder
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:19:08 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Erik9976

Does Wade send the Hit in 2000 to Raleigh too?

YES. It gets set up on the main midway
BigGuyNC1
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:19:09 AM
Whoops! 2009 my bad
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality-Ayn Rand
Erik9976
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:14:58 AM
skydiver77
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:03:12 PM
That Hit In 2000 is a VERY nice looking ride too! To me, it looks nicer than Strates' Musik Express, but that's just me. I like the Musik Express on Strates Shows with that nice scenery panel. If i remember right, it also has Michael Jackson's face & him moonwalking on it near the center of the scenery panel. But that Hit In 2000 is just brilliant looking with all of those chasing lights on it, looks spectacular at night time! [8D]

~Ben
olediggerguy
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 4:29:39 PM
never seen Strates Musik express, but sure do remember Frank Kopchkas on East Coast Shows.(Many,many years ago)They are beauties.
But the nicest Himilaya type ride on the road today is without a doubt NAME's POLAR EXPRESS. This classic has been turning & turning for at least 30 years now.(That I know of)The first time I saw it on Conklins show at The Big E circa 1979 it was a sight to behold. I saw it again two years ago at Calgary and again at this years Big E.I can't imagine how many miles this big old heavy beauty has logged over North America,but it's got to be over a million!!
Heres to all boys that have set it up , torn it down, moved it and most importantly, maintained her over these many decades!!!! My hat is off to you all!
Thrillseeker
Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:21:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by GACC

They are just sending it in early so they can make set-up.[:D][:D][:D]

Dang, a whole year early, LOL.
A.J.
(Still (somewhat) the Thrillseeker...?)
"The Pharaoh's Fury caused a Tornado which make everyone Freak Out. Well, except me."
http://thrillseeker.spaceplane.ws/ 
- The Thrillseeker Carnival Series is coming back in 2011! -
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, October 8, 2009 5:20:39 AM
any pics yet can you guys get joints and novelty stands pics plus food
Erik9976
Saturday, October 10, 2009 6:07:39 AM
I was at the fairgrounds on Thursday dropping off the Lolli Swing and S.A. MGR. Wade was setting up the RC 48, White Water, Enterprise and Dragstrip Slide. The Hit and Mega Drop were sittin there racked too. Got to see Joey Clark.
skydiver77
Saturday, October 10, 2009 6:11:41 PM
I'm excited to see the Dragstrip Slide. I've seen it in a picture, that thing looks pretty neat!

~Ben
tiltcharles
Monday, October 12, 2009 4:41:57 AM
I was in New Market Maryland a few weeks ago and the guy hauling that dragstrip slide came to visit the park where we were at. (Adventure Park) Man that is one pretty slide racked up like that.