flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, September 28, 2009 4:33:35 PM
http://www.politico.com/...nfirmation_.html?showall 

Few if any shows carry health insurance for employees therefore if they start fining employees for not having insurance of which the employees can't afford thye will be jailed. My question is, will they allow the ride operator to empty the ride or just cuff him and drag him off?
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Benjibear
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:53:12 AM
Our prison system can not handle that. If that does happen, they will probably be held a few nights, harrassed a little, and let go. It will be very unproductive.
I don't agree with forcing people to buy health insurance. That will never work. Either it has to be left like it is or given by the governement. Maybe a combination of both depending how much you make and number of dependants. Screw the single guy that is making $100K and chooses not to buy insurance.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:18:05 AM
Benji

The Amish don't have insurance but they pay cash for medical, 250,000 of them. There are some religous groups that believe in is in God's hands and don't carry insurance as well. As pointed out on a talk show, renounce your citizenship and stay here illegally then the law doesn't apply. Besides, you'll get it free.
Soda Guy
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:54:08 AM
Actually flamo some of the amish do have insurance, they own their own insurance company. And even those that don't have insurance, like here in Southern Indiana they buy life time memberships for things like lifeline the helecopter ambulance service. Also many of the large Amish owned businesses have insurance on their employees, it's just that they buy insurance fron their own insurance company.
Benjibear
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:10:28 AM
The Amish is a very interesting direction you are now taking. It is interesting how they pay for medical expensis.

I used to work with a guy that was Menonite which is like Amish light. They still were plain but they had cars but removed the Antena so they couldn't listen to the radio, they had electricity but no TV, radio, or internet in his house. He had many of the same philosophies as the Amish.

This guy only took medical insurance because it was company paid for. He wouldn't put his wife or children on the policy and when my company started making us contribute to our own insurance he dropped it.

His church was self insured (this was true for cars as well). They had a fund that if anyone had any unforseen medical or accidents, the church would pay out of the fund and ask the congregation to keep contributing to the fund.

Your statement is very misleeding as very few are able to dip into savings and pay cash for their health care.

It is an interesting philosphy and will work as long as eveyone contributes and noboday takes advantage of the system. For most people this wouldn't work because people would not pay their share or take advantage of the system.

Now when you say the Amish don't have health care and they pay, this is how they pay. Either have a fund or pass the basket to get your neighbor that much needed surgery. Most of the time, these people don't get regular care and let a small problem grow into something much more costly and difficult to cure. Also, the hospitals may give slight discounts for paying cash, but research has shown that what an insurance company pays is alot less.

The other intesting this with the Amish is how they are running into problems with genetic issues because many times people keep marrying in the community and it is not uncommon to hear that first cousins marry and have kids. This makes more medical issues for this group.

Now illegal alliens is another issue. We shouldn't be paying for their care. If you are here illegally, we should patch you up so you won't die and send you home.

It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Zocalo
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:11:54 AM
"Few if any shows carry health insurance for employees. Therefore if they start fining employees for not having insurance (of which the employees can't afford) they will be jailed. My question is, will they allow the ride operator to empty the ride or just cuff him and drag him off?"

Not to worry - the same committee has proposed $463 BILLION in "subsidies" to help the poor and down-trodden "pay" for the required health insurance.

Of course, any doofus should immediately wonder why Big Gubmint is requiring insurance, threatening a fine if the required health insurance isn't timely obtained, further threatening IRS sanctions and collections or jail time on those who don't comply and THEN offering "subsidies" to pay for the required insurance?

Ummmm...who's gonna pay for the "subsidies"? In the end, the poor and indigent ALWAYS get free health care. It's just another shell game...
Bowler Roller
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:27:14 AM
When I stop posting, you'll know where I am. I'm nowhere near poor enough to receive any subsidies.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
gary
  •  gary
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:38:06 AM
Out here in California we have always been exempt from having to provide insurance due to the fact that we list our employees as "seasonal" not full time.
If you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long
Soda Guy
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:41:09 AM
Benji Depends on which Amish and where. Now down here they can't own cars yet one Amishman did own and fly his own plane. The Bishop for his church, who is an Uncle, deemed it OK. The gentleman who owned the plane actually owned 3 of them and was killed flying one. Owned a huge truss company in the area.

And as for cash with the Amish, looks like you have never seen them at a land auction. Yes they pay cash and have cash reserves, at least in this area.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009 12:48:35 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by gary

Out here in California we have always been exempt from having to provide insurance due to the fact that we list our employees as "seasonal" not full time.

My guess is the seasonal thing won't work if this goes through. If you are a citizen you have to have health insurance. From what I have read it doesn't apply to illegals although we will pay for them.
gary
  •  gary
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:12:21 AM
Aren't we already paying for them?
If you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long