mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, September 7, 2009 1:52:14 PM
Hi Folks:

Found this article on the web:

http://www.allbusiness.c...-services/4566578-1.html :

On page 3 there is reference to Porterville, CA based MLM Amusements 20 ride show operated by Manuel Martinez and his brother Marty.

I know MLM books their rides in with other shows periodically. But do they still travel with the 20 ride show spoken about? Have any of you visitied this show in the past or present? Patrick, do you know?

Mike
Patrick McGuire
Monday, September 7, 2009 5:02:42 PM
Something tells me they don't. I haven't heard anything about Manual Martinez's show since I ran into him at the Merced County Fair in 2005, where he had his Super Round Up booked in. I failed to get his cell phone number. One of the employees of Christensen Amusements told me in May of this year that he still operates that Round Up and goes to K Mart shopping centers, but I had no confirmation of this. Since that article you referred to is from 2001, it's not likely that he is still running a carnival with that many rides. I had a conversation with the owner of American Traveling Shows in 2005 and he told me that that show was almost done, not doing well. But again, no confirmation. Sure would like to see that Super Round Up again around or his Sky Wheel. Maybe someone inside the business in California can give us some reliable information. This is all I know.
Patrick McGuire
Stockton, CA
pmcguire16@comcast.net
WestCoastPat
Monday, September 7, 2009 5:18:31 PM
Several years ago I went to Fresno to visit my Brother. His office was downtown and just outside of his office was a street carnival. I had never seen the show before-I used to see Butler and B&B all the time but this was MLM. The show looked great. Lots of color, lots of newer rides, lots of good looking games and food, and all set up on the street. They had a permit to block off 2 blocks for a week is what I found out. I was impressed with the show and only once more did I ever see any of his equipment. I would be interested in knowing more about them-what did they used to travel with and how long were they a force in the central valley.
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.