Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, August 24, 2009 3:50:04 PM
NAME (All-Star unit) has the midway at the Kentucky State Fair with Geren Rides and Cumberland Valley shows booking on pieces. There are 45 rides, 44 games, 16 food joints and 8 straight/novelty sales joints on the midway.

Big crowds over the weekend, including a very very solid jammed midway on Saturday and Sunday. Weather has been perfect (mixture of sun and clouds with highs in the 70's) and combined with the economy led to a big weekend. Two of the four paid concerts sold out (Journey/Heart; Taylor Swift) with a third (Keith Urban)very close to being a sell out in 19,000 seat Freedom Hall.

No real "big iron" pieces but a solid arsenal of rides:

Century Wheel
MGR
Slides (2)
Euro Bungee
Hampton Combo
Kiddie Boats
Hampton Cycles
Tea Cups
Mini Indy
Dragon Wagon
Circus Train
Playstation Fun House
Bulgy the Whale
Ogre's Castle Fun House
Wisdom Tornado
Tilt-A-Whirl (2..both owned by NAME)
Spin Out
Sea Ray
Cobra
Wisdom Blizzard (1 trailer himi)
Yo Yo
Zipper
Sizzler
Scooter
Power Surge
1001 Nachts
Cliff Hanger
Wisdom Himalaya
Ghost Pirates Dark Ride
Spider
Inverter
Zero Gravity
Feureball
Raiders
Pans Palace Fun House
Dark Ride (unnamed but identical to Ghost Pirates)
Kiddie Himalaya
Squadron
Go Gator
Kiddie Bumper Boats
Dizzy Dragons
Kid Swings

Things looked a little rough with lights but sometime after Friday night some adjustments were made and the NAME and CVS pieces look a lot better. The Geren stuff doesn't look so hot.

Not sure why there are two tilts, two Wisdom Himi's and two identical Dark Rides on a 45 ride midway. Very wide aisles...some holes...and I wondered on opening night if there was a reason...evidently the lot layout guy had a good idea there would be packed midways on the weekend because it was all needed.

GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, August 24, 2009 4:39:54 PM
Thanks for the report!
Any pics later?
Can you say what rides of Geren are Geren and which are Sutton?
JustinJames
Monday, August 24, 2009 6:15:58 PM
How did my old Blizzard look???
Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:45:36 AM
Got no idea on what is Geren's and what is from Sutton's Geren Unit...I can tell you the Zipper, Spin Out, Cobra and Wisdom Himalaya are Geren's along with several kiddie rides.

And, the old Blizzard looks good. Hands down better than it's counterpart Himalaya on the other side of the lot.

I will try to get some pics up but it will be sometime next week before I can.
Predatorocks
Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:18:58 AM
To me, that fair looks better than Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin State Fairs. Geren Rides has some good stuff with Zipper, Cobra, and Spin Out. On flickr, it says that Spin Out came from Coney Island (in New York). Geren Rides was there.