flying bobs at the end of the midway
violence is the last refuge of the incompetent....AYN RAND
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:35:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mcarnyforlife

And what midway doesn't have a Bobs to be that back end piece....
rideguy52
Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:17:26 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

One thing I hate and have unfortunately seen too many times is when a show puts the joint line up with the backs of the trailers towards the parking lot/main entrance. When a car pulls in they dont wanna see a big white trailer blocking all the action. I for the life of me can not understand why people do that.

i have to disagree, this pulls the people out of just the area of where parking is and make them stroll the midway along with going through the whole fair/carnival. With our fair, there is parking on both the left and right, so either way there is a lineup of games. The back is set for the Starship, and the front leads into our grove/fire company stands area. Also it depends on space and terrain. If you have level terrain on the far side and unlevel terrain toward the main parking area, I for one would rather level off a game joint then a whole ride.
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:24:55 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rideguy52

Quote:

quote:

One thing I hate and have unfortunately seen too many times is when a show puts the joint line up with the backs of the trailers towards the parking lot/main entrance. When a car pulls in they dont wanna see a big white trailer blocking all the action. I for the life of me can not understand why people do that.

i have to disagree, this pulls the people out of just the area of where parking is and make them stroll the midway along with going through the whole fair/carnival. With our fair, there is parking on both the left and right, so either way there is a lineup of games. The back is set for the Starship, and the front leads into our grove/fire company stands area. Also it depends on space and terrain. If you have level terrain on the far side and unlevel terrain toward the main parking area, I for one would rather level off a game joint then a whole ride.

I understand what your saying, and well, I agree with that. What Im refering to is a lot where there is one source of Parking with basically one entrance unless you come through the house trailers. In that instance there would be no sense in blocking the midway with joint trailers...No big deal, just my personal preference....
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 21, 2009 2:04:07 PM
How about the Fairs where the first thing you see when you pull on the lot is a 1000 House trailers...
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, August 21, 2009 2:50:36 PM
Our fairgrounds slopes alittle and i can remember few years back where they had the sizzler to close to the slope on opening night and the ride would like rub against the base.
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Saturday, August 22, 2009 12:40:31 PM
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mcarnyforlife

And what midway doesn't have a Bobs to be that back end piece....

I've been to one where the Bobs were up front across from the entrance. Looked a little out of place.