mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, August 17, 2009 2:24:38 PM
Hi Folks:

The CA State Fair will start August 23rd. Here is a list of rides from the fair website.

http://www.bigfun.org/pd...exhibits/ride_height.pdf 

I thought this years Butler/Helm show would impress me more than Ray Cammack. Granted it does appear as if they are bringing more of the "adult" sized rides. However somehow the list seems to pale in comparision the the Cammack rides.

For Example: I would have thought Butelr would book in a couple of Spectaculars from out-of-state.

Of interest......there will be an Eyerly Monster at the fair.
Mike

Skywheelrider
Monday, August 17, 2009 4:31:43 PM
Okay, from the list....

RIDE NAME LOCATION TICKETS TO RIDE ALONE WITH AN ADULT
YO YO MAIN CARNIVAL 4 44" 42"

The Yo Yo has individual single person seats, so how can you ride "with an adult?" LOL

By the way, the Mondial Magnum is definitely a spectacular ride! (And it's based in Texas, too. [;)])

Are you sure it is a true Eyerly Monster and not just what they are calling the Spider? I have seen a couple of shows retheme it as an Octopus/Monster.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 17, 2009 5:39:38 PM
It would take a lot to out class RCS. Neva HAPPEN.
UserPostedImage
mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
Monday, August 17, 2009 6:11:55 PM
Okay Skywheelrider, you got me on the Magnum. When I sued the word spectacular, I was thinking large, giant eye candy type of ride, like a log flume, or looping roller coaster.

Pinetar, I really thought Butler would surpass RCS. I now actually wish RCS was back at the fair.

Everyone, I don't know for sure that the ride mentioned earler is the Eyerly Monster. I assumed it was because Sam Johnson of California Carnival Company owned one.

Who's Music Fest is that?

Mike
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, August 17, 2009 7:07:19 PM
Bishop Amusements owns a lot of the big stuff that travels with RCS. Along with RCS's big stuff.

This sucks, since it was confirmed in another topic about Michael Wood's Magnum working the west coast this year, I was hoping to maybe seeing it at LA County Fair. Oh well, maybe some year.
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:30:14 AM
The Pole Position coaster, the Evolution, Falling Star and Olympic Bobsleds are all huge rides. Plus he brings his Skydiver, which you don't see anymore. I think you will be surprised once it is all set up. Plus the Evolution and Falling Star are pretty rare rides in the US. I think there are other Falling Stars (I never see any on the east coast though). The Olympic Bobsleds is the big coaster that Helms are bringing. And the rides the Bruce Perelman brings to Del Mar and Ventura will be at Sacramento, they are one of a kind too - Wind Surf and the Hard Rock. If you don't know what these rides are, the names might fool you into thinking they are kiddie rides. They are not.
Patrick McGuire
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:54:12 AM
Is the Wind Surf that Round Up type ride where you sit down instead of stand up?

I believe the Eyerly Monster will indeed be there, and it will probably be Sam Johnston's, which hardly ever gets used any more and as far as I know he still has it. When I saw the Music Fest I thought of Sam Johnston also because he used to move one routinely years ago. That's probably been in storage awhile also.

Thanks for this list. It looks pretty good, better than I thought it would be. I will be looking forward to this fair.
Patrick McGuire
Stockton, CA
pmcguire16@comcast.net
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:13:24 AM
I can't speak for Butler but RCS provides much attention to detail.
The ride list is immaterial to me.
UserPostedImage
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 9:11:26 AM
They are *****ing the hell out of the fact that some rides were in Neverland....IF MJ was still alive there would'nt be a thing said about them belonging to him.

I want to know if the rides were promoted as "Neverland rides" while in use before MJ died?
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:52:36 AM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

The Pole Position coaster, the Evolution, Falling Star and Olympic Bobsleds are all huge rides. Plus he brings his Skydiver, which you don't see anymore. I think you will be surprised once it is all set up. Plus the Evolution and Falling Star are pretty rare rides in the US. I think there are other Falling Stars (I never see any on the east coast though). The Olympic Bobsleds is the big coaster that Helms are bringing. And the rides the Bruce Perelman brings to Del Mar and Ventura will be at Sacramento, they are one of a kind too - Wind Surf and the Hard Rock. If you don't know what these rides are, the names might fool you into thinking they are kiddie rides. They are not.

I think I'll just wait on LA County.
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:12:51 PM
http://www.flickr.com/ph...n/set-72157600681832109/  Wind Surf - one of a kind in the US - definitely not a roundup type ride. better photos:
Wind Surf, Hard Rock and Pole Position
http://www.flickr.com/ph...n/set-72157600681832109/ 
http://www.flickr.com/ph.../sets/72157600681832109/ 
last 3 photos in the set taken at Ventura last year.
DutchWheel9
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:13:39 PM
Will you be taking photos when you go to this fair Patrick?

It would be great to see any rides that are one of a kind or that are not used much anymore
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:26:39 PM
Butler only had the Neverland rides about a month or two before MJ died. I think he would have promoted it either way, but more so now.
mikecroaro
  •  mikecroaro
  • 56.2% (Neutral)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:29:12 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Sue

Hi Sue:

You are correct to a large degree. My thinking is this: RCS had a few large pieces that could not be found at any county fair in Northern California. You would have to go to the LA area to ride these rides. As such they made the State fair a little more special.

Many of the Butler Big Guns you mention can be found at many county Fairs in Northern California such as Alameda County, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Sonoma, etc. You could even find them on the side of the Freeway in Oakland. As such, they are not quite as unique. I assumed (perhams wrongly) that the show would have booked on a couple of hard-to-find spectaculars (Looping Coaster, Enterprise, some Eurpeoan showpiece, etc.).

In any case it is a nice ride line up and I'm sure many will enjoy.

Mike
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 3:15:59 PM
and I pointed out that some of the independent spectaculars at Del Mar are also booked into Sacramento this year with Butler, instead of goign to Minnesota as they usually do. So it will be some pieces that never go north of Ventura in Cal. So that will be different for Northern Cal. You won't have the Tango or Hi Miler, but you will have some new rides that haven't been to Sacramento that I know of.