IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:39:53 PM
This is a trip report, that also supplements the topic on the Marion County (Indianapolis) Fair that was recently posted. Drew Exposition provides the midway for both fairs. The Vigo (Terre Haute, IN) Fair ends tonight (Saturday), but as you can see in the other topic, they have sent equipment ahead and have it ready to go.

The rides at Terre Haute..."The one and only" AH Seattle Wheel (until the original Velare' Wheel gets back out on the road), Alpine Bobs, Hammer (Kamikaze), Sizzler, Cyclops, Scooter, Ion (Orbitor), Kite Flyer, Moon Rocket (Ring of Fire).

Family/kiddie rides...Slide, AH 3-abreast Carousel, Rockin' Tub, Bulgy the Whale (themed as Clown Fish), Peter Paul, AH Helicopters (painted as yellow birds), Bees, Elephants, Tubs O' Fun,...and I probably forgot one. They also had their restored Caliope, mounted inside its own trailer, parked near the MGR.

I visited early in the afternoon, and matinees just aren't real big around here. Decent crowd, not big though. Games were light, as there was a POP going on for $18.

Drew has been on this midway for at least 40 years and maybe even 50 or more.

Rides, games, and joints all looked great.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
stip
  •  stip
  • 50.24% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:31:16 AM
Joe Harper,Sr. went to visit Mr. Drew at the fair. He was pleased to see his old Bulgy the Whale repainted and full of kids again. We also visited with Kevin Payne and took a ride on the Seattle Wheel.