pinkjeep47
Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:05:26 PM
i am mary jo frederick my parents where joe and mary frederick who owned motor state shows cleanest show on earth back in the 60's till 1974. we resided at 21825 haggerty rd belleville,michigan 48111. i just wanted to stop by and see how many people still out there where on my parents carnival back then and see if your still on a carnival after all these years.i am looking for jack&sandy bedwell and their kids ,also looking for the urquarts luck&joyce and their kids marylin and david,sarebear and their older sister. i am also looking for johnny&gracey burns and their daughter patty. i am woundering if any of the ride guys like butch is still out there his wife's name was paula(who passed) and their kids. i just heard from my cousin david lucas lou died he was a great guy when we where little. those where the days back then they will never come back ever. i can't even go on a carnival i miss it so much. sending my love to the people who have passed on chuck derrow and virginia derrow my dad and mother took chuck in when he was only 17:). he ran the ferris wheel and virgina helped us in the pop corn wagon. big john lived on our property he died years ago from smoke in his trailer. jimmy he helped raise us in the 60's.we get so much flack as carnival people but we are the best. my parents worked hard for what they had and they where the best ! god rest their souls. if you remember me contact me at spiritualbeing1962@yahoo.com or misspogo47@yahoo.com would love to share pictures of us. or if you have any pictures you can send me that would be great thanks.
mary jo frederick-axson
IndianaTED
Saturday, July 18, 2009 7:46:09 PM
Welcome Mary to this place. Your parents had a carnival back in the golden age of carnivals, in my humble opinion.

I hope you find what you are looking for!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
babyhughie
Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:19:31 AM
Hey what about your other cousin?
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:15:32 AM
Welcome Mary Jo.
I never had the pleasure of being on thier midway but those were some of the years I spent on lots. Things were simpler and better then. Shows were families. Again Welcome
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
detroit121
Sunday, July 19, 2009 2:41:58 PM
jack bedwell passed on a few years back im sorry to say.he lived outside detroit here and had cancer.i was around him the last couple years of his life,good man.his wife is in warren,mi.i remember your family.my family had a few rides in the 50's and 60's,along with joints around detroit only,kinda like your family.everybody mostly is still workin thats alive.
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:10:42 PM
Bedwell, who's dat, name dropping again. Oh well.
UserPostedImage
detroit121
Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:12:26 PM
you leave me alone ya big ole bully!!!!!hey piney,jack was a guy that would jack you up at 70 years old.jack was just a good ole carnival dude!!!did everything.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Bedwell, who's dat, name dropping again. Oh well.

babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
JustJeff
Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:50:23 PM