Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:12:13 PM
Hey guys, I'm getting rid of my Chance Giant Wheel if anyone is interested!

UserPostedImage 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chan...TrainsQQsalenotsupported 

Matt C.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009 8:31:04 PM
Very nice. Why are you selling?
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
natet_2003
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:58:29 AM
Awesome wheel. I love the orange color on it. It really makes it POP![8D]
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:31:56 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

Maybe he's making room for new equipment [:p]
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:10:29 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Matt C.

can't afford to move it any more. too many trucks. lol[:D][:D]
kris0106
  •  kris0106
  • 53.7% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:56:46 AM
wow i like i hope i can get the money for it
skydiver77
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:24:01 PM
Hey, that's a Great looking replica of the Chance Giant Wheel! I've seen it before, but it's been a while. I'm not knocking on your Wheel, but isn't that Wheel a bit big to do a replica of the Chance Giant Wheel on? Correct me if i'm wrong, this is just a guess as to what Wheel Faller modeled that particular Wheel of, but did Faller model that Wheel from the Dutch Wheels?...like James Strates has, and the one i've seen on Reithoffer's midway? If so, then that Dutch Wheel's 25 feet taller than the Chance Giant Wheel is. I'd be if Don Cummons can make the Century Wheel, he could make an exact replica and to scale, Chance Giant Wheel! That'd be awesome to see! Then, it would be to scale and the correct height, everything. But the Faller Wheel does make for a good looking replica of the Chance Giant Wheel though, i'll give you that!

I bet it took hours & hours to make it look like that, very professional looking job there! But my guess/hunch is, Faller modeled that Wheel after the Dutch Wheel, or the larger Wheels like that travel and set up at the German Fairs, and other overseas Fairs.

~Ben
DrNickRiviera995
Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:45:32 AM
It's really cool...yeah...I always wished Don would have done the Giant Wheel. His Century Wheel looks fantastic, but the Giant would be a better fit for an amusement park display than the Century.

I'd really like to take the cars from the Jupiter Wheel and use them on the smaller Faller wheel. Anyone know if that would work or if they wouldn't fit? Even if it would make the ride static I think it would still be cool since they look just like the Chance gondolas.
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:57:51 AM
I'd be interested in the piece, but I am having trouble finding enough Drivers for the Trucks that I have now. Can't afford to add 4 more Semi Pulls. LOL. I'll stick with my Century Wheel. [;)]
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Fabbri_Guy
Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:13:49 PM
how hard times for show modelers, down sizing. Truly an crisis. hope it goes to a good home.
skywheel88
Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:18:45 PM
Actually Ben, size-wise, this wheel would be pretty close to correct for a Chance Wheel as a Dutch Wheel is a 24 spoke/gondola wheel, see Bill P.'s Giant Wheel model on his Strates layout.
Dr. Nick, the Jupiter gondolas would look awesome on this wheel and would require minimal modifications to make them look like Chance tubs, unfortunately they are too wide, unless you feel like building the wheel from scratch.
Kenny.

LaserTechStudios
Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:10:14 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by skywheel88

Actually Ben, size-wise, this wheel would be pretty close to correct for a Chance Wheel as a Dutch Wheel is a 24 spoke/gondola wheel, see Bill P.'s Giant Wheel model on his Strates layout.
Dr. Nick, the Jupiter gondolas would look awesome on this wheel and would require minimal modifications to make them look like Chance tubs, unfortunately they are too wide, unless you feel like building the wheel from scratch.

I was actually thinking the same thing...try and use the jupiter tubs as chance tubs. they sure do look the same. I am also thinking of laser cutting the wheel to the correct proportions and make sure the jupiter tubs fit. Eventually i want to laser cut the entire model and start selling kits, but that wont be till the end of the summer.
natet_2003
Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:11:21 PM
BeauceCarnavalMan
Friday, May 22, 2009 8:17:19 AM
to bad im trying to save money
BeauceCarnavalMan
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Tuesday, May 26, 2009 9:28:17 PM
someone got a stel of a deal there $415
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson