cvs opens on tuesday in Ft. Payne
Chief
"the party in hell has been canceled, do to the fire"
kmm
  •  kmm
  • 50.06% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Friday, May 1, 2009 10:16:34 AM
Well...GOOD LUCK!! Tell my girl Ruth I said Hello:)

Sincerly,
Peg...LOL
IndianaTED
Friday, May 1, 2009 3:11:22 PM
Any dates for Bloomington IN yet?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Casey
  •  Casey
  • 50.14% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Saturday, May 2, 2009 11:22:15 AM
What is their route this year?
Casey
  •  Casey
  • 50.14% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Saturday, May 2, 2009 11:23:33 AM
CVS used to have a neat looking Rock-o-Plane and Rollo Plane. Does anyone have any old photos of these pieces of equipment?

chief
  •  chief
  • 53.08% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:45:17 PM
ok 2 days setting up in the rain[:(][:(][:(] but you got to love it, [:(]
chief
circusguy
Sunday, May 3, 2009 6:04:05 PM
Is there a new Sea-Ray there?
chief
  •  chief
  • 53.08% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:47:29 AM
yes i just got done setting it up, it come from BGS, its a little rough, but i think it will be a nice peice after we clean it up, it was 2 trailer and it got sent on one, everything just loaded on it, but it will work, the show is looking real good, redone hymi, wheel coming from the factory,scooters looking real good, new paint and light packages on some rides, overall, just getting here, i think that we will be noticed and their has already been a positve change for the better.
chief
detroit121
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:18:35 AM
do you still have your rides and whatnot?or did you leave all of them at the factory?just wondered,i remember you having that gas engine scrambler.i remember you had that trailer that was made into a joint trailer and it was purple.i think you guys called it the purple people eater!!!if you still have an old beat up long range up here id buy it if its for sale.see ya....hows CVS doing?i thought they were going under a few years ago,good to see they pulled through!!
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Carnevil
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 12:38:38 PM
Why would you act like Cumberland Valley Shows (CVS) was done and gone when your sister was over here last year??? I think you had visited a couple time also. So what gives???
Its not impossible it just costs more.
Carnevil
Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:26:46 PM
We are still Cumberland Valley Shows.
Its not impossible it just costs more.
detroit121
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:51:45 AM
i think there are alot of people that didnt expect to see you guys open much longer.no hard feelings but in todays economy when you hear stuff like that its easy to believe,no matter how much money the people use to have, or do have, or dont have or?so how would you compare the show as far as route, and equipment, and debt, and the operation in general to when things were run differently?i hear things are more laid back over there now?
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:16:13 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

i think there are alot of people that didnt expect to see you guys open much longer.no hard feelings but in todays economy when you hear stuff like that its easy to believe,no matter how much money the people use to have, or do have, or dont have or?so how would you compare the show as far as route, and equipment, and debt, and the operation in general to when things were run differently?i hear things are more laid back over there now?

HINT! Hit the space bar twice after each sentence. Capitalize the first letter in the sentence.

Hit enter twice when starting a new paragraph. You are not too old to learn, are you?
UserPostedImage
Jackpotter
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:39:57 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by detroit121

I don't think just because a show "downsizes" that it means they are struggling or closing. Personally I think Jeremy made a pretty smart move by doing so. I would think it's a much less stressful competing against 15-20 ride shows versus giant shows, especially with shows like the conglomerate. Also, the name Cumberland Valley Shows still has a very good reputation among committees and people who attend fairs in the states where they are routed.

chief
  •  chief
  • 53.08% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:11:26 AM
ok, i think the show looks great, jermey has his heart in it and cares. We pulled everything out of the mud, had a great set-up in the rain with all the guys stepping up to the plate. Brad, you should know i can move and push this forward, CVS is and will be a great show, big, little or what ever size. I have a great crew over here. you should really watch the show this year. if it was rough in the past, people will be saying, wow what happened. And thats a fact!!!!!!!
Chief
Cumberland Vally Shows